Chapter 5

Tris P.O.V~

We put our suitcases in the trunk and hop in the van. I get to the front first and Jake complains like a 4 year old. I chuckle. It's like we're real siblings already.

We start driving on the highway and Tori starts talking.

"So, for the next school year, you, Tris and Jake will have to work for a period of time. You two have to work because we don't have enough money for everything so we always need an extra hand. Anyone that comes to my foster home, 13 and older, has to work the year in advance. But for Rebecca, you can either start school in a week or you can start after the Christmas Break. Umm... Tris, Marilyn emailed some things I should know about you and how you like to dance and how you are really good with medical work. I have found three places where you can teach dance and you can help at the local hospital or the school I work at, and help the nurse. You get paid the same amount per hour. I was also told that you like doing Ultimate Fighting before the whole incident so if you want to continue, these a gym that does all of that a couple blocks from here. Also, since your birthday is coming up, I don't have enough money for something, but I have something for you back at the house. Same with you Jake. My brother emailed me saying you like sports and your smart in all subjects especially math. So, you can be a referee for little kids, help coach kids, tutor the local kids or help students at my school as well."

Jake and I nod understanding what she just said.

The rest of the drive is Tori asking us questions about our lives.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
TIME LAPSE
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

We reach the house and it's huge. I can see why Tori wants us to work for the first year.

I get out of the car and see Jake get out too with Rebecca in his arms.

"Why don't we put her in a bed and come back for the bags." Tori proposes. We nod and she leads us to the door.

I walk in and it's nothing I expected. I thought this place would be messy, I was wrong. This is definitely not messy. Every thing is put away, everything is organized, everyone has there own place for there outdoor items.

"So, this is a three floor house and a basement and an attic. This floor is the kitchen, dinning room, and living room. The basement is the family room. There's some video games, but there not up to date, but you can also just watch TV there as well. The next two floors are bedrooms and bathrooms. There's four bathrooms here and, well now, 15 people living here including me." Tori says.

Jake groans. I chuckle along with Tori.

"It won't be that bad." I say.

"Yeah right. Girls take for ever in the bathroom." He complains.

"Well I don't take long at all so your wrong, not all girls take long." I say.

"Most do though." He mumbles quietly.

"As I was saying, we just got a new bedroom put into the basement. So, Jake, is it okay if Rebecca shares a bedroom with you. You don't have to, I have another room it's just you'll be two floors apart."

"I'll share a room with her." He says while glancing at Rebecca.

"Okay." Tori says and leads us down to the basement.

We get to the basement level and see 12 kids and teens watching Frozen. The younger ones' eyes are glued to the screen while the older ones aren't really. Some look at us and smile.

She opens a door to a bedroom and it's a pretty big sized room. A great size for them.

Jake walks in and puts Rebecca on the bed and sits beside her and grabs her hand in silence. Tori and I are leaning against the door posts.