Ch. 1: A Family Life

*~* First chapter of the sequel to, Emotions (Pietro Maximoff x reader)! But may I say that the chapters for this book will be slow because I am currently in school and trying to focus on my grades, so please bare with me. *~*

Key: H/s = Hand size
F/c = Favorite colour

~~~

I watch the ultrasound closely, my nerves constantly growing worse as I ponder the results. In order to relax myself, I think happy thoughts, knowing that one of my powers could go off and alert the doctor about what I am and who I am. I can't have gone two years under the radar for nothing. Spinning the silver wedding band around my finger, I use it's memories to ease my tormented mind, repeating the affirmation that's engraved into the mineral under my breathe.

Forever Is With You ∞

The fact that I'm married Pietro still shocks me. Sure, it might have been too soon, or under chaotic circumstances, but what better time to get married when you're considered an armed and dangerous fugitive by the government?

"And there you have it. Your baby." the tears prick my eyes as the doctor points out the small baby. It's almost too tiny to see, but it's still there. I couldn't be happier. I let out a cry that's disguised as a laugh, covering my mouth with one hand.

"Now, you're about five to six, weeks along, yes?" I'm given a paper towel to wipe the gel off my stomach, the doctor asking me her question.

"That's correct."

"Okay, so far, everything is looking great. The baby seems to healthy, momma seems healthy. Just keep taking your vitamins, eat and drink lots and I think the results will be even better during our next appointment." she gives me a warm smile, cleaning, swapping and sterilizing everything for her next appointment, or for whoever uses the room next.

Walking out of the building, I keep the smile on my face as I get into my car. While I pull out of the parking lot, my phone begins to ring. Taking a glance as I head further down the road, my smile widens seeing Pietro's contact glowing on the screen.

"I've let Mr. Maximoff know your appointment has finished," Heidi speaks through my car radio, letting me know the specific reason Pietro knew I was done.

"Always a pleasure, Heidi." I quickly press the green button, answering the call, and looking back to the road.

"Hey, babe."

"Hey, how was the appointment?"

"Good! Doc says everything is good so far. Baby is healthy." placing a hand on my stomach, the city view from the windshield turns into a green, forestry scenery.

"Is it too early to know the gender?" giggling at Pietro's excited tone, I take another turn, our secluded house staring back at me.

"Piet, I'm only five weeks along. Yes, it is too early to know what the gender is." the big open green space expands while I pull into the long driveway. The toys are scattered all around the property. Pietro's line of the phone hangs up, leaving me in the silence of the car.

Shutting off the engine and getting out, I grab my bag so I can begin walking up to my house. Every passing step makes me more anxious, and eager to see Pietro. My strides turn into skips, and I grab hold of the door handle, turning it and throwing the front door open, immediately being welcomed home with screams of excitement coming from two happy toddlers.