Ch. 4: Home Sweet Home

"Oh my god... What the hell happened?" rushing everyone in the house, I slam the door shut and help my dad and Wanda set Vision down on the couch. I frantically move around, clearing toys out of the way, making room for everyone.

"We were attacked. Have you seen the news?" Wanda chimed in, sounding distressed. I can see the cuts and bruises on her face, her clothing slightly tattered.

"Are you alright?" the wind blows aggressively in the room, and crying fills the air. Pietro stands in front of Wanda, cupping her left cheek with one of his hands, holding Xander, and Abella on his hip with the other, clutching on to them tight so they don't slip from his grasp. My heart breaks hearing him cry, but I know it's the same thing as it always is.

Taking Xan from my husband's arm, I hold him close to my body, supporting him by keeping my hand just below his bum and patting his back with my other, trying to soothe him at the same time as I do light bounces, swaying slightly.

"He's still having nightmares?" Natasha puts her hand on my back, making me look at her, the stress pooling over all of my emotions. Speaking of emotions, everyone in this room is either feeling stressed, uneased, angry, annoyed, etcetera.

"Yeah. Can everyone just please take deep breaths? Your emotions are overwhelming enough. I just need someone to explain what's happened, or what's happening." taking over the room, my voice is loud and clear, causing everyone to go silent as a corpse.

"I got a call from Bruce-"

"Bruce is alive? Where- How?"

"We didn't get a chance to brush up on that part. But he said someone named Thanos was coming, and they were going after Vision because of the Mind Stone." my dad briefly brushes up on some of the details. I keep rocking Xander back and forth with a confused look on my face.

"So a guy is coming after the Infinity Stones? What would he need them for?" Pietro speaks after checking up on Wanda, sounding just as confused as I am. He comes to stand next to me, fixing Bella on his hip,

"Bruce said, that he wants to destroy half the population. We're going to need your help, both of you." my dad speaks with such sureness, and it scares me. My heart starts to pound in my chest, and I can hear it in my ears. Everything seems to go slow for a moment. I look to Pietro, who is already looking at me, and he's got the same scared expression on my face that is definitely on mine right now. Taking in a few deep breaths, I look down at Xander, then turn to look at Abella, trying to think of a better life for them.

"We'll fight with you. I want to see my kids grow up, and I want you all to be included in their lives. We'll do it." I look up to Pietro, grabbing onto his hand and nodding my head for reassurance.

"Then let's get going, they'll be coming back for VIsion. If they want the Mind Stone, they will stop at nothing until they get it." Nat steps into the conversation, crossing her arms. Everyone agrees, heading back out the front door while Pietro and I quickly pack ours, and the twin's things.

I climb the stairs into the attic, turning on the light as I search for the box that contains all of our old hero stuff. In the far back of the attic, lies that exact box, bold letters written across it, that readout

PAST LIFE

I open the box, shuffling through everything. The lenses of my goggles shine with the light, I see Pietro's suit, and I trace my finger over the silver lightning bolt that goes across the chest. I can see my bodysuit tucked at the bottom of the box, along with my gloves, that I decide to take. The black leather of my first jacket changes a pastel yellow colour as my skin makes contact with the material

"Y/n, your heart rate is increasing. Too much stress is not good for the baby."  Heidi's voice cuts into my ears through my earpiece, giving me a decent scare. But taking her words into account, I focus on my breathing, take deep breaths, and feel a sense of stillness melt away any negative thing causing my heart to beat harshly.