Ch. 2: Visits

Key: F/d= Favourite drink
И сердце нашло любовь= And the heart found love
Оставляя разум в покое= Leaving the mind at peace

~~~

Sitting on the back patio connected to the house, I watch my dad play with the twins. Taking a sip of my f/d, Pietro takes a seat next to me, and Wanda walks through the sliding door. A frown threatens to show on my face, realizing that only Wanda and my dad were visiting, not Sam, Natasha, or Vision. It was a thing that happened every so often, every two months to be specific. I'm not even sure what everyone else was up to, except for maybe Vision, he's always going between the compound and visiting Wanda. But for Sam and Nat, not a clue.

My dad picked Bella up, moving her through the air and pretending that she could fly. On the other hand, Xander looked up at his sister getting all the attention and I know what was about to happen. A temper tantrum of sadness. Before I can jump to my feet, Pietro is next to Xander in seconds, picking him up and mimicking what my dad was doing. To our relief, Xander squeals with excitement and laughs. Both of the men in my life made whooshing sounds as they helped Abella and Xander fly through the air, I can't help but smile.

A screen pops up from my bracelet, a button that gives me the option to record, as Heidi already knows the routine for moments like these. Pressing the button, a beep sound fills the air around me, and I can see Wanda step into my side view.

"He's a good dad." hearing her speak highly of her older brother, I nod my head with a smile, watching as Steve and Pietro entertain the children, keeping a close eye on their feelings of joy. Looking down at the screen, the button flashes to let me know that it's still recording, and I look back to the people in the video, my smile only growing wider.

"He is. I think he's just happy to get the chance to have kids." I look at Wanda with a soft expression, and it's like I can hear the cogs turning in her head, trying to piece together a sentence as her face contorts to take a look of confusion and pain. It's like at this moment I know what she's trying to say, and all I can really do is nod my head.

"Mommy!" the yell of Abella grabs immediate my attention, but my motherly instincts are set at ease once I can see the twins are okay. My dad has Xan and Bella hung on each of his arms, lifting them at separate times. My face is beginning to hurt from how much I'm smiling, but I laugh as the two begin to swing back and forth. Pietro, of course, stands close by in case something were to go wrong and he had to save a fall.

"Rah! You guys are getting heavy. N/n, what are you feeding these little heroes!" Steve pretends to struggle in lifting the kids, over exaggerating it. Everyone laughs in unison, knowing that my dad could lift the kids perfectly fine.

"I think old age is finally catching up with you, dad. You're finally becoming an old man." making a face of mockery, I see my dad lift Xander and Abella, placing them on his shoulders to sit, making sure to keep a grip on them so they don't fall.

"And yet, I don't look or feel a day over thirty." returning my smile, he starts walking up to the back deck. As my dad stands tall in front of me, I stop recording, taking Xan off his shoulder with Pietro racing to my side and putting a hand on my back as the four of us head back inside the house, the sun beginning to set nicely behind us.

Putting the twins in their playpen in the living room, I occupy the kitchen to make dinner while everyone else adores the twins.

"You're a good mother, you know that?" turning around, I hear my dad's voice and see him leaning against the archway. I let out a natural laugh, followed by a natural smile while I turn around to resume cooking.

"I try. I just want them to have something good, you know?" speaking causally, I proceed to turn my stove on, then rummaging through the fridge to find the fish I had purchased earlier this week.