Ch. 10: Five Year's Gone

Key: мой маленький стабилизатор настроения = my little mood stabilizer

~~~

I stepped outside of my little hut in Tony's backyard, just a little ways from his house. A small hut he specifically designed for me to sleep in, whenever I decided I wanted to. Tony had it soundproofed to the max, so he, Pepper and Morgan couldn't hear me screaming whenever I did wake from a nightmare. But whenever I was having one and I was awake, Tony had used his tech to connect Friday and Heidi to my little oasis, where they would alert Tony about my situation, tell him what the nightmare was about, due to more of his infamous Stark techknowledgy, and help him understand how he was supposed to acknowledge my nightmare. It sounds more complicated than it actually is, but Tony has been helping me out a tremendous amount over the past five years. My nightmares have gotten better, I have little to none anymore. But I have to stay in my hut whenever I want to sleep, just in case.

As I walked through the back door of Tony's house, the scent of fresh bacon and eggs filled my nose immediately, forcing my mouth to salivate just thinking about the delicious breakfast.

"Woah! Look at you, bedhead. Good morning, FireFly." as I look at Tony for a second, I squint my eyes, trying to figure out if he was joking about the bedhead portion of his lengthy 'good morning.'

"You're lying," I mumble, pressing a hand on my hair to flatten whatever Tony was talking about.

"He's not lying." Morgan walked out from behind her dad, giving me a brief glance before she rubbed her eyes. Her bedhead was equally as disturbed as mine.

"Oh yeah, Munchkin. Let's go get you in front of a mirror then, shall we." joking around with her, I rush towards Morgan, scooping her up in my arms in a smooth motion, I pretend to fly both of us to the bathroom, including the dramatic sound effects.

"Would you look at that, little miss Stark? It seems like both of us have some severe bedhead. I poke at Morgan's sides, tickling her as I tease.

Stopping us right in front of the bathroom's mirror, I set Morgan down on the sink's counter so she has somewhere to sit. I look at the two of us in the mirror, admiring the cuteness Morgan retains. She resembled so much of Pepper in looks, only seeming to have Tony's eyes and hair colour, but she held onto her dad's personality too, for sure.

I gently smile at Morgan in the mirror when she smiles at me, her chubby cheeks more pronounced. When I take a brush out from a drawer just below the sink, I begin fixing the matted mess atop the girl's head, making sure I'm not too rough. It brings tears to my eyes as I focus on the fact that Morgan is five years old.

Our baby would've been around the same age. Morgan and Milo would've been great friends, I know it.

"Auntie Y/n, what's wrong?" I place my glance back onto Morgan's face in the mirror, seeing and feeling her concern. But when I look back at my one face, I notice the simple tears that had fallen from my eyes.

"Nothings wrong, мой маленький стабилизатор настроения. Nothing wrong, at all." I smiled for Morgan, trying to make it appear that I was doing alright. I just patted Morgan's head, planting a kiss on her newly smooth hair. Morgan giggled and I knew it was about what I had said.

"You gotta speak English, Auntie! I'm only five, I don't understand languages." yep. definitely Tony's attitude. All I can do is laugh, leaning on Morgan's shoulder, continuing to smile at her.

"Now, how about you help me get rid of my bedhead." handing Morgan the brush, I back up and turn her around on the counter, kneeling for her. When Morgan was halfway through brushing my hair, Tony pushed himself into the bathroom and whisked Morgan right from the counter, saying that the food was getting cold and we should start eating breakfast soon.