cracked the code

⎈𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑

After last night's encounter with Tony and his little slip up, Black Cat seemed to think that the pet name Tony almost called her would've slipped my mind.

But it didn't. I had been thinking about it all night last night, so much so I couldn't get enough sleep.

Was Black Cat his relative? Maybe niece, sister, or daughter? What? No that's crazy! Tony Stark doesn't have children.

Or so I thought.

The thoughts still lingered in my mind, as I played with the scrambled eggs on my plate.

They got cold so I can't really eat them.

"Something on your mind, Pete?" May asked. "No, it's just...school stuff. Lots of stuff is changing and it's getting harder to excel academically." I lied.

"Aw, well I'm sure you can get through this, you're Peter! The smartest teenage boy alive!" She encouraged.

I chuckled heartily. "Thanks, but even I feel like an idiot sometimes." I confided.

"How so?"

"It's just I can't quite figure out one of the formulas in my chemistry lesson, I do all the steps correctly, but end up getting the wrong answer."

"I'm beginning to think this chemistry thing is rhetorical, and that you're facing some real problems. What is it? Tell me." She smiled.

"It's about the Stark Internship." "What about it?" She shrugged. "There's this one job that I can't quite figure out how to do. It's so complicated and the lab sometimes denies my access."

Of course it wasn't a problem with the job, it was Black Cat.

She has such a complicated personality that I can't quite figure out, and what's worse is she won't let me in.

I need to figure out her relation to any of The Avengers or her background at least.

I can't go on getting to know her, blindly forgetting about her history.

"Okay well, I gotta head off or else I'll be late." "Bye."

I plugged my headphones in and began walking to Midtown.

☄︎𝐘/𝐍

"Hey Peter." I greeted. "Hey, what's up?" "Nothing much, I'm just working on my presentation; some last minute changes." I explained.

"The presentation's today!?" Peter exclaimed. "Yeah, so? We've been over everything, it'll be easy, relax Pete." He was breathing unevenly. What's wrong with you?

"I'll write down the stuff you have to say on some flashcards, I've got you, relax." I reassured.

The bell rang signaling our departure from one class to another.

"C'mon we don't wanna' be late." I grabbed his wrist and ran to the classroom.

I never really counted physical touch as flirting, I mean it's how you interpret it, really. Peter seemed to be flustered.