playing pretend

☄︎𝐘/𝐍

Dad still forced me to go to school after the indifference that occurred a few days ago.

Peter and I still went on patrols, and we resented each other more than anything.

During the patrols, we never dared to utter a word, not even teasing, joke-flirting, or any sarcastic remarks. It would just be furious banter here and there.

At school we had to pretend to like each other for the sake of MJ and Ned, it was easy for me because I pretended to like him before, how hard could it be now?

I walked with MJ to her class "Alright well I've got Computer Science so I'll see you at lunch." I noted, she nodded.

I trudged over to my class, dreading this day and wanting it to be over.

As I was walking I glanced at Peter loitering by his locker.

We made sudden eye contact and I looked straight at the ground. I hate you, Parker.

I entered the Computer Lab and set my things down, not paying attention to the teacher telling us to open the programming software.

I was too distracted by my own thoughts, and how I'd behave as Black Cat now.

Ever since Spider-Man, I forgot how I survived as Black Cat alone.

But I wasn't going to keep it that way, I am not going to wait in desperation for his rescue or his invitation; pretty sure he doesn't want to invite me anyways.

"Now, Y/n, can you tell me what is the difference between a flowchart and pseudocode?" The teacher asked.

I looked over at Ned to come to my rescue and widened my eyes, followed by his shrug.

Okay, Y/n. Just wing it, you'll be fine.

"Easy, um...Pseudocode is an informal high-level description of an algorithm while flowchart is a pictorial representation of an algorithm."

"Excellent!"

For once in a while, I was proud of myself ever since the happenings of the past few weeks.

After not paying attention for the rest of the class, the bell rang suddenly, interrupting my doodling.

Off to lunch I go, time to put my Leo DiCaprio on.

I approached the group's lunch table with a wide smile on my face.

"Hey guys, how was class?" I bemused. "Like shit." MJ mumbled.

I looked at Peter wide-eyed to answer me. "It was fine." He said quietly.

"So um, got any plans tonight?" Ned asked us all.

"Just gonna sit at home and read." MJ said.

"I, uh, I have work stuff to do, a presentation, homework, all that jazz." I lied.

"I'm busy with the Stark internship." Peter conversed.

"Well, I'm just going to rebuild my Lego death star alone for the weekend, I guess." Ned sighed.