i can handle it

☄︎𝐘/𝐍

✍︎Six months later...

"𝐇ave fun on your trip, Pete." I smiled.

Peter and the rest of my class were sent on a school trip. I've had my fair share of trips, and this wasn't quite an exceptional one so I decided upon staying.

"Miss you already, kitten." He whispered. "I'm on the bus right now, so I can't really talk that much."

Even if it was just through a phone's speaker, hearing his voice brought me peace.

"It's okay, I'll just bore you with my voice instead." I grinned.

Dad, Pepper, and I decided to go on a family jog. But my jog instantly turned into a walk, after picking up the phone.

"Happy birthday, by the way." Peter smiled.

"Thanks, I'd doubt it'll be happy, though. Dad's making me go on a run." I complained.

A portal opened right before my eyes, and I assumed the extent of this universe were aliens and spaceships, but I guess inter dimensional portals were a part of the list as well.

"Tony Stark, I'm Dr. Stephen Strange, you need to come with me." A man in a crimson cape demanded, whilst walking through the portal.

"Oh, yeah why's that Gandalf?" Dad teased.

"Oh, and congratulations on the wedding, by the way." Dr. Strange continued.

I forgot to mention; Dad and Pepper got married a few months ago, and I honestly couldn't be happier because I love Pepper like she's my own mother.

My dad snatched my phone from me. "Hey! Give it back." I whined. "Listen, lovebird, Dumbledore's calling my name right now, so you can't exactly talk to each other, until I make sure they're safe." Dad said into my phone and hung up.

"The fate of the universe rests in our hands. We need your help."

"Who's we?" Dad asked, frustrated.

Bruce walked through the portal. Multiple people had assumed he passed away or went missing, however, Dad and I always had hope he'd turn up someday.

He went to hug Dad and I. "Oh, I thought you were dead. Thank god you're okay." I said, relieved.

"Thanos...infinity stones, he has them. He's gonna...kill us." Bruce said, heavily panting.

"Wh—What? Slow down there, grinch." Dad said.

"Pep, Y/n. Go back to the compound. Get to safety." Dad demanded. I nodded afraid. Or at least he thought I did.

Dad walked through the portal with Bruce and Dr. Strange. Ultimately, everyone thought I was going to stay with Pepper, but I perceptibly can't leave my Father alone; not in a situation like this.

As the portal almost came to a close, I slid through it.

"Y/n, get back here!" Pepper demanded, but I had already went through and it was too late for her to follow me. I felt some of my brittle hairs getting trimmed by the closing of the portal.