void

I highly recommend listening to m83's "Wait" To immerse yourself into
the storyline.

☄︎𝐘/𝐍

The gauntlet was in the middle of the battlefield, with no one else around it. Only in between a middle-aged man and a big purple alien.

Thanos butchered my Dad's frail fatigued body with throwing him over and over. I tried to join in; to defend him, but Wanda kept holding me back.

Dad didn't decide to quit and kept fighting for the gauntlet. Thanos finally put it on but what he didn't realize was that Dad had all the infinity stones in his grasp.

"Wait, Wanda. What is Dad about to do? Please tell me he's not gonna' do the snap." I pleaded, desperate for any answer other than the one I was thinking of.

"Y/n."

"Wanda! Please...Just let me go over and help him maybe he can—" But I was cut off because all of a sudden Thanos began to deteriorate into molecules.

"Dad!" I yelped as I ran over to his frail body held up by the broken iron suit.

I could feel his weak, unstable heartbeat. "Dad...Dad, hey we did it, you did it. It's all gonna' be okay." I reassured him, it was almost like I was reassuring myself because I could feel the beats of his heart slow down by the second.

Pepper inched beside me. "Pepper, can he hear us?" I whispered, barely able to utter the words. "Dad, please don't leave me. It's Y/n, your daughter. Your favorite little Stark. Please Dad, I—I Dad, please." I pleaded as I felt his heartbeat grasp onto at least one breath.

"Pepper, you can do something, right? Wanda can. She can." I insisted, crying. Pepper shook her head whilst forcing the tears not to spill.

Although, my tears had already been spilt and the threat was long gone. When I saw the sight in front of me, I let go of all boundaries and possibilities and just broke into a million pieces.

"Hey, Pep, Y/n." Dad barely whispered. I forced myself into his embrace. "Tony? Look at me." Pepper added. She knew that once she told him to look at her he would look away. It hurt to see him avoiding people's eyes because he didn't want to hurt anybody.

But he didn't, he saved us, all of us. "We're gonna' be okay." Pepper reassured. Dad looked over to me. His gaze loving, and proud. I'm not ready to let go of you just yet, Dad. Please.

All the Avengers surrounding us knelt on one knee as a gesture of love and respect for the one and only, Tony Stark. Which I'm proud to call my Father and devastated to say that he was.

"Dad, I...I love you. You—You can rest now." I whispered, hesitantly. I wasn't even sure how the words came out because I didn't know what to say or how to say it, those words were the last words I chose to say to him before he parted us and I had to choose them carefully.

I heard his heartbeat come to a halt. "Pepper, his heartbeat...it stopped." I whispered, I felt Dad's hand unravel from my shaking arm.

"He's gone...Pepper, he's gone." I lamented. I grabbed onto his now unconscious frame, in denial of all the past events.

"C'mon, Y/n...We have to go." Peter tried. "No! Leave me alone, he's not gone! He's not gone yet! He still has to stay with me, I need him!" I bewailed.

"He wanted this, he wanted you to live another day, so he had to." Peter consoled, tearily.

I know Peter was just as sad as I was because Dad was like a father figure to him too, and it would obviously hurt him because Dad was his mentor.

I detached myself from my Father's corpse. I couldn't catch another glimpse at it or else I'd go all crazy again.

I jumped into Peter's hug.

"Peter, Peter, help me. He's gone, okay? I have no one, he's not here. He's gone." I cried into his shoulder.

"I know, Y/n. I know." He said, caressing my hair. "Peter, he's gone. All those five years. I just...I wish I stayed."

"I know, but we didn't get to choose our fate the way we wanted." Peter comforted.

"I miss him...Shit. It hasn't even been five minutes, Pete and I miss him so much." I gasped into his shoulder, crying for my dear life and my Father's.

We broke the hug, but his arm wrapped around my fatigued, dreary frame as we walked away from Dad's corpse.

"We need to go now, it'll all be okay, okay? I'll be right there with you." Peter reassured, I could see his tears threatening to spill from his eyes. He didn't sound too sure of his promise.

"But, what if you leave me? What if something happens? What if you're gone too??" I assumed frantically.

His walk came to a halt and he grabbed ahold of my face tightly. "Y/n, I will make it my life's mission to protect you, and I'll be right by your side whilst doing so. I don't care who I have to hurt to keep you safe." He promised.

I just hung onto him as we walked further away from Dad's body. I tried glancing back to see if there might be any sign of life left in him, but Peter just pulled me aside, blocking me from seeing the last glimpses of his frail, cold, dead body.

Once I truly registered that he won't be there for me anymore, I don't think I could've ever stopped myself from bawling.

I mourned for him even before his funeral. The sight of his dead body frightened me, it made me feel stranded, alone, and helpless.

I can't do anything without my Father being by my side and now that he was gone, a big part of myself was gone along with him as well.

I sobbed uncontrollably at the idea of being alone, Who am I fooling? Without Dad here I can't get by.

I wept softly into Peter's hold, whilst walking away, and trying to push back the thoughts that reminded me of the aftermath of his parting.

It already feels like he's long gone.

-
𝐴/𝑁:
unedited
dont forget to vote !!
thank u for reading <33
i hope u enjoyed and tbh
i honestly hope u cried bc i
did my best to describe everything
and make it really sad