distraction

☄︎𝐘/𝐍

It was like I had all the time in the world to make any decision I had desired, but I was paralyzed. My waist agonized with pain, and my mind was conflicted with an undecided move on my chess board.

Beck was one move away from checkmate.

My wound was supposed to heal by now, but it didn't. Maybe it was because I was distraught, perhaps that's why it's not healing.

Suddenly, I felt a metal pole go right through my shoulder. I let out a blood curdling, deafening scream, the metal burned through my flesh and it made my whole body ache, my weight became heavy as my eyes fluttered rapidly.

"Y/n!" I heard Peter distinctly scream anxiously, voice broken. Although it was very distraught, it still reverberated throughout my eardrums. The writhing pain in my shoulder burned a million times more than the wound in my waist.

My eyelids instantly became heavier and heavier, as I fought with my all to stay awake. I could feel Peter's shaky hands shudder my fatigued body; in order to get me up and going, I even felt him try to remove the pole.

But everything went blank.

-

"Take me home, Spidey." I ordered. "Anything for you, kitten." He jokingly bowed. "Grab on." He demanded.

I awkwardly grabbed onto his waist with a loose grip, he navigated my hands tighter around his torso, and looked at me teasingly.

I braced myself for our departure as we swung from building to building, so he could take me back home; to the tower.

I had just kissed Peter Parker for the first time and he was taking me home. We sneakily swung by my bedroom door and I quietly tried opening my window, to let the both of us in.

I quietly jumped onto my carpet and pressed on my watch, and it disintegrated my suit off my body. "Hold on a sec, I'll go get you some clothes." I whispered to a suited Peter.

I left my room and went into Dad's closet, searching for anything old he had. I quickly grabbed a pair of pants and T-Shirt and ran back to my room.

"What're those for?" Steve asked. "Oh, just a...History project." I breathily smiled. "You're such a good kid, Y/n. I wish more kids were like you." Steve heartily said, whilst patting my shoulder.

"Well, I have lots of work to do so, see you!" I said and hurriedly ran back to my room, to which I found a panicked Peter.

"Relax, it's just me." I eased. I threw him the clothes. "Nice room, you got a lot of cool stuff." He complimented, whilst throwing the shirt over his head.

"You went through my things?" I asked. "What...Uh—No! I mean, I just looked, really, I swear!" He defended as he hastily got dressed.

"Oh my god, you need to relax." I rolled my eyes, evidently annoyed. "I'm not mad. It's okay." I reassured.

"Well, actually...Come to think of it, I have seen this room before. I just thought it was one of the Avengers' room." He speculated, while he inched closer to me and sat next to me on my bed.