◍ˊˎ-◿ 🐠 ◸✦🪲𖥔 ࣪ ˖sixteen.

hyunjin backed slowly away from me, hands raised. he flicked a strand of hair self-consciously out of his eyes, and gave a look flickering between—was that concern?

"woah there jeongin," he blinked a couple of times, shaking his head, "i didn't mean it like that."

"doesn't matter if you didn't mean it like that," i mocked him,  locking eyes with him again, "now get out of my house."

"you'll be alone—

"get out of my house. i'm won't tell you again, hyunjin," i warned him, eyes unwavering. 

i watched him leave without a word. once he'd slammed the door behind him and strutted down the street, i heaved a sigh of relief. i didn't know what i would've done if he'd refused; there's no way i would've been able call the cops on him. hear me out: he has been a bit of a bitch to me, on more than one occasion. but he was the only one willing to stand up for me when...that happened. 

after that moment that we'd shared last night, i'd almost tricked myself into thinking that we had something. 

i tried to shove away the clusters of thoughts and voices spiralling out of control in my head, and i did so by making myself a boll of cereal. 

"this is so confusing," i huffed, pouring the cereal and the milk absentmindedly, "it's like he's got split personalities: the sweet hyunjin and the dickhead hyunjin."

i talk to myself when i'm alone: i pretend like there's someone there with me, but i don't address them directly. i just speak for them, not to them. 

that, or i pretend i'm on a talk show, and that i'm a celebrity that people pine to be. 

"tell me more about your journey. how did you achieve your biggest dream? what were your biggest challenges?" the host would ask, and i'd sit on my office chair, sitting straight, legs crossed, i'd tuck my hair behind an ear, and reply:

"a lot of hard work. never give up and dream big. and no matter what, stay true to yourself, not to what other people expect of you. and those toxic people that bring you down, kick them straight out of you're life, they don't deserve you."

this cereal tastes like papier-mâché. 

i foraged through the cupboards and fished out a bar of chocolate, snapping bits off and popping them into my mouth one by one. 

i had a whole day to myself and i had no idea what to do. 

felix and jisung were probably at school by now, so i couldn't call them. chan and seungmin were busy at uni and they wouldn't be back until tomorrow afternoon. 

i lay down on the sofa, wrapped in my blanket, and lost track of time scrolling through youtube and netflix.

ding dong. 

i swear on my hello kitty lunch box that doorbell scares the shit out of me. every. single. time.

i parted the curtains and peeked out of the window, and sure it enough, it was sungs and lix. 

the door creaked a little as i cracked it open, sunlight filing through the gap and blinding me. 

"innie!" jisung tackled me in a bear hug, both of us tripping over our feet and spinning around. 

"hey baby," lix called out, closing the door behind us, "didn't you say that hyunjin was with you?"

"he left," my tone flat and emotionless, i left it at that, and they didn't press me about it. 

"we convinced our parents to let us stay over tonight, to "heLp yOu cAtCh uP hOmEwOrK" but we know that ain't happening," lix ruffled my hair with a grin. 

"yep," jisung added, "so we would've kicked hyunjin out anyway!"

that made me laugh a little, and i squeezed them both tighter into the hug, "you guys are the best," and i kissed both their cheeks. 

"now," felix smirked, "let's get this party started!"

and now you know why felix was climbing up a parasol, screaming that he was a koala. 

"felix get down you're going to fall!" i screeched from the window. 

"i'm a freaking koala my dudes i'm not gonna fall!"

"dont fall don't fall annie don't fall~" jisung yelled whilst felix clung on for dear life. 

"jesus take the wheeeeel," felix wailed as he slid down and the parasol tipped over into the pool. 

"oh my god felix!" jisung screeched whilst darting to the edge to retrieve him.

"i'm okay," he flailed around for a little, spluttering pool water out of his mouth, and we painstakingly dragged him out. 

"quick, let's get him a towel," we ran around trying to find something to warm him up. 

jisung and i wrapped felix up with several fluffy towels and sat him in front of the radiator. 

"t-the pool w-wasn't that cold-d," he shivered, curled up in a little ball. 

"yeah, yeah," i hugged him, and he snuggled his head into my shoulder, "you're so silly."

"i'll make something to eat," jisung skipped into the kitchen and started clanging about pots and pans. 

"a-are you sure we should let him cook," felix looked up at me, "you know...because cooking involves fire and—

"oh. yeah," i nodded slowly, "what's the worst that can happen?"

"eh, sungs could burn the house down but i guess you could just come live at mine."

"that would be pretty cool," i let out a little chuckle. 

jisung made spaghetti, and it was genuinely disgusting. 

i spat the mouthful of pasta out into a tissue. "uh, yeah. maybe felix can cook next time." 

"is it really that bad?" jisung asked quietly, doe eyes glossy. 

"i'm not that hungry anyway," i tried to smile reassuringly. felix wasn't doing much to help, downing glass after glass of water. 

"how do you fuck up spaghetti bolognese?" felix blinked, then went on, "a sauce. how do you burn a sauce?"

"oh my god it really is terrible," jisung sat up and cleared away our plates hurriedly. "i'm so sorry, i just wanted to help—

"thank you for making dinner, sungie, that was so kind of you," i squeezed his shoulders, forcing him to meet my eyes, "it may not have been the best meal i've ever had in my life—

"far from it," jisung snorted. 

"—but we both appreciate the thought and there's no need to be embarrassed or whatever."

he nodded slowly, then yawned, rubbing his eyes like a little squirrel. 

"time for bed," felix took both of us by our hands and led us up to my double bed, squeezing us all in under the covers. 

i kissed them both on their foreheads and they squished me into a sandwich. "night," i mumbled. 

they were already both fast asleep. 

◍ˊˎ-◿ 🐠 ◸✦🪲𖥔 ࣪ ˖

um hi 

yes hi hello that's meee

idk what to say bro ehe 

so yeah 

i hope you have had or will have a great day :D 

and yeah ily 

stan the whole kpop industry for clear skin, good grades, and sleep deprivation :3