⋆·˚ ༘ * 🧈﹆🌻eighteen.

"i-i think so," i blinked quickly, under pressure from the questioning stares. 

"we need you to know so," seungmin put an arm around my shoulders and pulled me into yet another hug. "we need to know if we can trust him to be our witness."

"i need to speak to him first, to know if i can trust him again," i mumbled into seungmin's office shirt. 

"that's fine, but we need to be here to make sure you're safe," chan patted my head, and i nodded. 

"let me call him, and see if he can come over. you guys can question him! oh, that would be sooo fun, we could tie him up to a chair and—

"i don't—

"i need to call jisung and felix, they'd kill me if they missed out on this!"

chan shrugged and seungmin nodded cautiously. 

the twins busted through the doorway minutes after i called them, and all we had to do was wait for hyunjin to arrive. 

and sure enough, he knocked on the door just a few more minutes later. 

i opened the door for him, standing awkwardly on the door step. 

"hi," he breathed, and i suddenly felt someone forcefully barge in front of me. 

chan had grabbed hyunjin and flipped him over, pinning him against the wall in a choke hold. 

hyunjin gasped and gagged like a fish out of water, his face turning redder by the second. 

"chan what the hell!" i screeched, trying to pull him off, but he was way to heavy for me to budge him. 

"i can't believe you went against jeongin's word in his own house, considering how much danger he's in. he could've been killed by your insolence. this is a warning, that if you act like a dickhead again, there will be consequences. is. that. clear?"

"yes sir," hyunjin squeaked out, and chan let go of him abruptly, leaving him to crumble to the ground in a spluttering mess. 

i darted to him, checking him over to see if he was okay. 

"was this your plan?" hyunjin croaked, "trap me in your house so that your brother could beat me up? i said that i'm sorry, jeongin, and i really am. what more do you want from me?"

"that's exactly why you're here," i helped him up onto the sofa, "we need your help."

"is he okay?" jisung piped up from behind the sofa, felix at his side. 

"yeah," hyunjin grumbled, "what can i do for you?"

seungmin sat up, his folder clutched to his chest. "well, we're trying to gather evidence to prosecute yoongi, and we need a witness."

"you're asking me to be your witness?" he asked, eyes emotionless, looking dead ahead to into seungmin's eyes. 

"yes, that's true. but there's a catch: when we acquire the cctv footage as proof that yoongi assaulted jeongin, you'll also be in the footage, to prove that you were at the scene. and we've been told you assaulted yoongi, physically. you punched him, right?"

"that's correct."

"when the jury see that you assaulted him, they have two options: to charge you with class c assault, which would result in a fairly small fine, or they could charge you with class a assault."

"and what's that?"

"the maximum punishment would be a year in prison and a fine of 4.5 million ₩." 

"shit," hyunjin swore blatantly. a few moments later, he spoke again: "what you're saying is, if i help you, i'm risking a prison sentence and a fine i have no idea how i could ever afford. dude, i'm broke. i live with my two friends and we barely manage the rent with our part-time jobs, and now you want me to do this?"

"no one is forcing you, hyunjin," chan glared at him. 

"however," seungmin cut in again, "there's also a chance that they'll charge you with a misdemeanour or a charge of battery."

"can i talk to you?" i looked at hyunjin in his shocked eyes, "alone?"

"jeongin are you sure—

"i'll scream if i need help," i took hyunjin by the wrist and led him upstairs. 

once i'd closed the door, i sat on my bed and patted the spot beside me. he shook his head. i patted it again. he shook his head again. i stood up, took him by his shoulders, and sat him down onto my bed, then sat next to him. 

"you don't have to do this, i understand if you don't—

"i'll do it," he interrupted me, a lone tear slipping from his fearful eyes, "it's just i-it reminds me of when my dad was in court. am i becoming like him? i'm going to have to go prison like him after all, i must be a monster like he is."

tears were tumbling down his face now, falling onto my sheets silently. 

"i'm sorry," i didn't know what to do, i didn't know what to say, i just sat there awkwardly whilst he sobbed his heart out. 

"i'm scared," he admitted,  hiding his face in his hands as he cried. 

"you're not becoming like your father, hyunjin. you'll never be like him, ever. you're you. and that's all that matters. and i'm so so sorry i got you into this mess, and this never should have happened. i'm really sorry. and i don't know what to say!" i wailed, teardrops making their way down my own face. 

"please don't cry," hyunjin begged, "i hate it when you cry, it makes me feel so bad."

"that's the most hypocritical thing you've ever said, hwang hyunjin, you should have a taste of your own medicine."

"o-okay," he tried to calm his breathing, but that only made him sob harder. 

"can i hug you?" i asked, getting up from where i was sitting. 

"okay," he murmured, but he didn't make a move to get up. 

so i did the stupidest thing i've done all day: i climbed into his lap, wrapping my legs around his waist, and my arms around his neck. 

"are we good?" he mumbled into my neck, his moist face against my shirt, his flushed cheeks warm.

"yeah," i rubbed his back, "we're good."

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🧈﹆🌻

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

i have exams for the next two weeks ✌️ 

there's a spider on my window and i want to keep him as a pet 

michelangelo and spider could be friends maybe 

so imma go study now bai