seventh sin: sloth.

daeva woods

chapter seven: sloth.

sloth
/slôTH,slōTH/

noun
reluctance to work or make an effort; laziness.

"today i don't feel like doing anything. i just wanna lay in my bed. don't feel like picking up my phone, so leave a message at the tone. cause today i swear i'm not doing anything." i sing the lyrics to the lazy song by bruno mars.

this song is exactly how i feel right now. i have the worst period cramps and i'm in too much pain to move.

"daeva, get up." my annoying mother says.

"mother, no." i say in the same tone as she did.

"why are you so lazy?" she asks in an exasperated tone.

"i am not lazy, i'm on my fucking period! i'm in pain!" cue pain by nessa barrett.

"it's not that bad, i've gone through it longer than you love." she says while rolling her eyes.

"then you should know that it is that bad, mother!" i shout at her.

she sigh dramatically. "if you're not up in twenty minutes, i'm cutting you off." she says while slamming my door.

this bitch is really gonna cut me off because i won't get up? that doesn't even make sense.

ding.

i hear a notification go off on my phone, it's from carmela.

mels 💗

guess what?!

what? 🤨

LIAM JUST FUCKING PROPOSED!

WHAT THE FUCK?! YOURE LYING!

swear on everything i'm not

dumb bitch, i wanted to get married first 😭

😚🖕🏽

whatever. i'm coming over to see that ring.

it's fucking huge. hehe that's what she said 😏😏

lol 💀 i'll be there in ten. 🏠🏃🏽‍♀️💨

see ya soon babes 💗

see ya

damn, how tf did she get engaged in high school?!

well then.

***

i'm finally dressed and i got downstairs to leave but not before my mom stopped me.

"oh she's alive!" she exclaims.

(a/n: i hate when parents say that, it's so freaking annoying.)

"whatever." i roll my eyes.

"where are you going?" she asks.

"to carmela's house, she got engaged today." i tell her causing her eyes to widen.

"what?! she's only 18!" she exclaims.

"i know but she's excited so i have to be excited for her. i gotta go i told her i'd be there in ten minutes." i say.

"okay, be back before dinner. i love you." she says while tossing me my keys.

"okay, i love you too i guess." i've never been good with affection.

***

"LOOK!" carmela screams in my face while showing me her ring.

"woah it's beautiful!" i exclaim.

"thank you, i picked it out without any help." liam says from next to her.

he's still as beautiful as ever but i've gotten over him by now and i'm happy for my best friend. besides, i've got my eyes on someone else. his name is graham price. but his name in my contacts is 'graham cracker 🧸' don't tell him i told you that, he'll kill me.

"you did a great job." i tell him.

"he did, didn't he?" she beams at her fiancé.

they stare into each other's eyes. you can tell they really love each other. i'm really happy for them, i hope i get that type of love with graham one day too.

but right now i'm going back to sleep.

"okay, i saw the ring. now it's time to sleep." i say while backing away from the tranced couple.

"uh huh." carmela barely acknowledges me.

"yeah bye." i say while jogging back to my car.

as soon as i get to my house, i run up to my room and take a nap.

a well needed one.