Chapter 18

Layla looked at herself in the mirror, at the skinny jeans, cropped red halter top that stopped just above her belly button, her combat boots, leather jacket, and her hair had light curls in it. She kept her makeup simple and put on her favorite perfume. Ash knocked on her door and she opened the door eagerly. He wore dark jeans, his motorcycle boots, a dark green tshirt that hugged his muscles, and a leather jacket. He smiled as he looked her over, "You look beautiful." 

Her cheeks felt warm as she smiled softly. He took her hand and lead her out to the parking lot to his truck. He opened the door for her and she stepped into it. He drove them to a field with a lake far from anyone. He already came before hand to set up their picnic. By her smile, he knew she loved it. She was never a fancy restaurant type of girl. Most guys took their dates to fancy restaurants because they wanted to try and impress them. He didn't have to impress Layla. Plus taking her on a date that he knew she would like is far more impressive than just showing off his money. 

They walked over to the blanket that was laid out and sat down. "You did better than I thought you would," she teased. 

He chuckled, "Good to know I can impress you." 

She laughed and shook her head. They ate in silence for a bit. "What was your journey like," he asked her curiously. 

"Life threatening," she answered. "Going to the Black Woods was only one of the insane places I had visited. If my mom finds out, she may hunt my uncle down." 

He laughed softly, "Is that so?" 

She nodded, "My uncle wanted me to actually learn something when out on my journey and he felt the safe places wouldn't teach me much." 

After that she began to tell him about the various places she had been and how she had gotten her charms. She had also told him about Kyon and how badly his death had affected her. She still missed him, but she has moved past her loss. Ash hung on to her every word, and was fascinated. She then smiled, "Maybe during summer break, to celebrate your graduation we'll go on a short journey to let you see some of the places I've been. I promise it won't be anything too dangerous." 

He smiled as he nodded, "I'd like that very much." 

"So how does one bind a summoning to them," he asked curiously. 

"So I have to carry the newly acquired charm on me for a few days to allow the past summoner to become unlinked from it. Then I use a special incantation to summon the new summoning forth and have them swear their loyalty. It will then allow them to join the other summonings I have  in the spirit realm I had made for them," she explained to him. 

"A summoner has to make a spirit realm," he asked her. 

She nodded, "It's where they go when not brought forth. Some make individual realms for each summoning they have to keep them from interacting with each other since they viewed them as tools. I made a large realm that links all of my summonings together so they can spend time with one another. They do have their own rooms they can rest in, in the realm when they want privacy but they have the ability to come and go from their rooms." 

"Have you bound the Hell Hound to you yet," he asked her. 

She shook her head, "I haven't had the time with classes going on." 

"Can it be bound to you yet," he asked her. 

She nodded, "With beast rings they adjust their size when they're ready. Other charms and keys usually change colors when they're not bound." 

He then encouraged her to summon the Hell Hound because he wanted to watch the process. 

When the Hound was summoned it stood before her. He gave a low growl and shot Ash a glare, remembering the way Ash had taken it out. It then turned it's attention back to Layla. 

"Can you speak," she asked it. 

"I can," it said. 

Layla nodded, "I am now your summoner. What is your name?" 

"Rexor," it answered. 

Layla nodded, "Welcome to my family Rexor. I have a couple of rules that you must follow. Your charm will be unlocked, unless I feel it needs to be locked which is usually during times of high danger. But you are not allowed to summon yourself when I'm in school. You can get me in trouble if you do." 

Unlocked? Rexor had never had that before. 

"The sun," Rexor asked her. "Will I be able to enjoy it?" 

She nodded, "Of course you can." 

Rexor then bowed and spoke of the summoning vow that was in an incredibly old language. A red circle appeared beneath their feet for a few seconds before it disappeared. A silver collar then appeared around Rexor's neck, indicating he belonged to a summoner. He then went to his ring as Layla slipped it on her finger. 

Rexor looked around the spirit realm, shocked to see the other summonings were there. Maribell smiled, "Welcome Rexor." 

"She's strange," Rexor said as he continued to look about. 

"We all thought that when we were first bound to her," Mina said with a nod. 

Rexor then saw Lilly, "You're not a beast ring?" 

She looked like an animal, it made no sense to him. 

Lilly then transformed into a woman that had a blind fold, black robes of shadows, and long black hair, "I change forms. I prefer my snake form because I can see in that form. I'm a Shadow Snake." 

She then went back to her snake form. Rexor nodded and then learned everyone's names. 

Ash was laying on the blanket, Layla tucked into his side. "I'm sorry," he said to her. 

She looked up at him, "For what?" 

"For the things I said when you got home about you using your summonings as a shield," he said to her. "I see just how much you care for them and how much they care for you. It was wrong for me to say that." 

"I forgave you a long time ago for that," she said to him. 

He tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear before kissing her. The kiss went from being soft and sweet to heated. Eventually Ash rolled her on to her back, laying between her legs. His lips trailed down her neck causing her to moan softly and arch her back. 

His hard on pressed against her and she grinded against it. He groaned softly and pressed against her. Layla locked the charms, ring, and key to prevent her summonings from being able to hear them. 

Her hands began to push off his jacket and he helped her quickly remove it before helping her remove her own. Lust took over them as they kissed, touched, and bit the skin they revealed as they removed the rest of their clothes. 

Ash had her cursing and shaking after pulling two orgasms from her with his mouth before he rolled on the condom he kept in his wallet before entering her. She moaned as her nails began to mark up his back. His lips met hers once more, dominating the kiss easily as she gave in to him. 

He was slow and very thorough as he pleasured her, wanting to ensure she was taken care of before he found his own release. 

Once he did, they both laid there panting for a couple of minutes, trying to catch their breath. 

He propped himself up on his elbows as he looked down at her, "Not what I had planned for tonight." 

She smiled, "I'm not complaining." 

He chuckled softly before giving her a soft kiss. They soon dressed and cleaned up their picnic before he took her back to the school. He walked her to her room and gave her a kiss goodnight before going to his room.