Chapter 1

"When is your daughter due back Sierra?" Lady Garia asked her faithful house keeper. Lady Garia, the wife of the Guild Master. Together they ran the Dragon Heart Guild, the most powerful guild in the world. Sierra had worked for them since they took their seats at the top of the guild. "Tomorrow Lady Garia." She replied as she dusted the hutch.

"Its been ten years since she left hasn't it?" Lady Garia asked her. She nodded, "It has." When her daughter Layla turned ten she had begged to go find what magic she possessed. Sierra wasn't insane and let her young daughter go off on her own. She had asked her late husband's brother, Gabriel, to take her on her seeking journey. Many kids go on the journey at her age. Gabriel was a hard ass but she knew he would take care of Layla.

"I have talked with Darrolow, about giving her admittance into EMA." She informed Sierra. Sierra turned to face her, "But ma'am, I can't afford the tuition." Lady Garia nodded, "I know. As a gift for your husband's sacrifice all those years ago, we will be paying for everything. Even if she chooses to create her own guild, we will continue to pay for all of her expenses." Sierra looked out the window, in the direction of his hidden grave. "Do you think it wise ma'am? If our enemy finds out he had a child, they may target her."

Lady Garia nodded, "Yes, I've thought of that. We will be keeping her identity a secret, only the head master knows her lineage. I know you planned to tell her when she turned twenty one, but I think it best to not tell her. Who knows what magic users she'll go to school with. Wouldn't want someone digging through her mind and taking it." Sierra nodded, "And your sons?" She nodded, "They haven't learned the man's identity that saved them, just that it was her father. We told them we didn't know his name."

Sierra nodded and turned to look at the woman, "I can't thank you enough ma'am." Lady Garia smiled, "It is I who will forever be thanking you and your husband."

Layla looked up at the large gate leading to the Guild Master's estate. The long driveway leading to a mansion that puts some small villages to shame by it's sheer size. She put a hand on the gate, her silver charm bracelet filled with charms, shinning in the light. She smiled as she pushed the gate open. She walked down the driveway, stopping when she saw the training field. Lady Garia and Lord Darrolow's sons were practicing their magic. They were known as the elemental brothers. On the field it was Maxis, a water magic user, and his younger brother Cecil, an air magic user. Cecil, like Layla was twenty and would also be attending the Elite Magic Academy, also known as EMA, for the first time. "Look who finally came back." Terro, the second oldest brother who was an Earth magic user, said from the side lines. Ash, the oldest and a fire magic user, scoffed, "And here I thought you wouldn't be able to make it on your own." Layla glared, but didn't say anything.

Maxis looked her over, noticing her the belt and what hung from it, his eyes widening. "I've got to get going. My mom is waiting for me." She told them, "Maxis, Cecil, Terro, it's always a pleasure to see you. Ash, as always, I hope you choke on your own flames." She then continued going to the house.

"Did you see what I did?" Maxis asked his brothers. "Besides the fact she became ungodly beautiful?" Terro asked him. Maxis rolled his eyes, "Besides that. She's become a summoner." Ash scoffed, "Some of the lowest ranking magic users out there if you asked me." "She's not a low ranking summoner. She had a couple of God keys." Maxis told him. Cecil's eyes widened, "Woah." "Looks like crybaby Layla grew up." Terro commented. Ash rolled his eyes, "Once a cry baby, always a cry baby."

"Mom I'm home!" She called out when she opened the doors to the mansion. She heard a pair of heels clicking on the floor as they rushed from the kitchen. "I wasn't expecting you home so soon, I thought you wouldn't be home till sunset." Her mother said before pulling her daughter into a tight embrace. "I was impatient and wanted to get home as soon as possible," She said as she returned her mother's embrace. Her mother held her out at arms length, "You've grown into such a beautiful young woman." Her mother then noticed how short her shirt was. Her mother raised an eyebrow at her, "Your uncle let you walk around like that?" "When walking through the Black Woods, it gave the thorns less clothes to snag onto," She told her. "Plus I see nothing wrong with it." Her mother became white, "He took you to the Black Woods?" "Well yeah," Layla said as if it wasn't a big deal.