Chapter 3: Assembly Required

Heroes can come from unlikely beginnings.. and broken friendships could lead to dark rivalries.

When the world is in danger, fate calls on the ordinary.. to do extraordinary deeds.. and go on journeys they had only dreamed of. Our heroes, thrown together by fate.. must now seek out from a legendary inventor and a legendary artisan of chaos..

But the question remains.. Will it be enough to save the world?

◉✿ Welcome to Redstonia! ◉●

The minecarts zipped through the Nether, and riding them were Olivia and Jesse as they were taken to Redstonia. While Olivia seemed delighted, Jesse seemed a bit more cautious, especially since this was only their second ride through the fire world. But he did have to admit to himself that it was cool seeing the exotic ecosystem of the Nether. He was glad he was able to see these environments in person, getting a good look at them from a safe distance.

"This is so cool! The amount of engineering it must've taken to do this.." Olivia gushed as she watched the minecarts take them to their destination. "Automated train tracks running all through the Nether? Connecting all the different Order members? And imagine the scaffolding you'd need to make all this! Ellegaard was probably fighting off Piglins with one hand, wiring Redstone with the other.."

"This IS impressive. Thanks to these rails, we'll be there in no time!" Jesse agreed before a serious expression played across his face. "If we don't get the Order back together, the WitherStorm is going to eat EVERYTHING. We're going to get Ellegaard, get her to help us, and we're going to save the world."

"I hope you're right.. We definitely stand a better chance with Ellegaard's help," Olivia said, feeling a bit bummed out. Of course she really wanted to save the world, but should that really stop her from admiring Ellegaard's work? Her attention soon vanished from her thoughts as her eyes widened in horror. "Uhh.. JESSE!" She warned, pointing at a couple ghasts nearby.

Their surroundings had drastically changed, the atmosphere now a bluish tint as the land around them had brown soil with blue fire lit on many of them. Jesse stared at the mysterious blue flames in awe but he quickly shifted his attention towards the danger they were now in. His heart sank as he realized where they were.

"Not this again!" He panicked as Reuben squealed in fright. He recognized the biome from their last trip here. He and his sisters would've been dead had it weren't for Zephyr.

"I guess I'm not the only one who didn't have a good experience with this place," Olivia gulped.

"Yeah, we almost fell into lava the last time we were here. I can't even imagine what might happen if Zephyr didn't have us."

"Well, I'm glad you're okay! I heard that ghasts and skeletons-." Olivia tried to reply but she was cut off when one of the ghasts noticed them and shot a fireball at them. Luckily, it didn't hit them so they were left unharmed but the fireball did manage to land a hit on the mine carts, throwing them off the tracks and sending them plummeting onto the ground.

"Ow-! Seriously?" Jesse groaned, sitting up and noticing two more ghasts joining it.

"At least the ground is soft," Olivia said, trying to look for the brighter side of things.

Jesse however ignored her, noticing a patch of soul soil that happened to be nearby them. "Hide!" He ordered. He didn't need to say it twice as he, Olivia and Reuben ducked behind the patch of soul soil for safety.