Chapter 7: The Last Place You Look(part 2)

◉✿ Childhood Issues 3.0 ◉●

The trio's eyes filled with shock and disbelief when they spotted what was sitting on the other side. They slowly crept inside the room that resembled a storage room, chests stacked against the walls with many bookshelves sitting around here and there. The music still played, which alerted the trio that the person they're looking for was still there.

"I call that one, Sympathy in E. A new composition to celebrate my newest discovery!" A familiar voice bubbled. Chris' eyes widened as he realized who the voice belonged to.

"That's him!" He gasped.

"Soren!" Jess murmured as the voice continued speaking. The trio ran toward the source of the voice, their spirits rising but this quickly washed away when they realized the voice didn't come from Soren, but instead from a jukebox.

"What the-." Chris frowned.

"It's just a recording!" Jess said, now starting to get frustrated. Chris was disappointed, but Olivia however was beyond upset.

"After all that! He's not even HERE?!" She complained. "We came all this way, and for what? We're no closer to Soren than before!"

"Well, this record didn't turn on by itself.." Jess pointed out.

"Jess has a point. In that case, he must still be here somewhere," Chris figured.

"Really? I guess he really likes the sound of his own voice, then," Olivia huffed.

"Maybe there's something useful on this record.. if I can figure out what he's talking about.." Jess murmured. Without another word, the trio listened to the recording, hoping that it'll help lead them somewhere.

"I've worked on a simple set of building instructions to.. 'inspire' them. I will disguise myself and hide among them in order to observe them more closely."

"Huh. 'Hide among them?'" Jess repeated, puzzled. "Hide among WHO?"

"Uh.. Jess? Do you think Soren is talking about.. THEM?" Olivia said, her eyes widened in fear as she pointed towards a large group of Endermen standing just outside the window. "Then again, everything ELSE about this guy has been pointing to crazy.."

"Chris?" Jess glanced at the young boy nervously, hoping he'd know what to do.

Chris looked just as frightened, staring at the Endermen blocked by the window in shock before shifting his gaze towards the brunette. "Soren always had a weird interest in Endermen, at least that's what Ellegaard told me a while back when I asked about him," he revealed. "But I didn't think it was THIS bad."

"I guess everybody needs hobbies. Even if they are really, really, REALLY dangerous," Jess commented, trying her best not to judge too much. "You think he's actually training Endermen to build stuff?"

"I think HE thinks he's training Endermen to build stuff," Olivia corrected.

"Is that even possible?"

"Soren has strong determination. I'll be more surprised if he hadn't accomplished anything," Chris shrugged.

"Let's look around.. See what we can find out," Jess decided. The two agreed and with that, the trio split up to cover more ground. Jess however stayed at the jukebox, noticing a couple discs sitting on the wall in item frames above the jukebox. Curious, she took one that read 'Totemic Constructions of Peaceful Endermen' before placing it inside the jukebox. Almost immediately the audio began to play.