Chapter 9: The Last Place You Look(part 3)

◉✿ The Beginning to the End ◉●

The team managed to escape the howling Endermen. Nikki couldn't help but to shiver, scared for what they were about to see on the other side. She had a reason to get scared because the world they used to know to love had become something else entirely.

The team gaped in horror at what they saw. The land was being withered away and the once warm, blue sky was now dark purple in color. The fluffy clouds were black and the ground's new dark purple color was so dark, it almost seemed black. Plants were dead and the very few that remained didn't look like they would stay up for much longer and what was worse was that a few witherized mobs roamed around while the living animals fled for their lives, even the hostile mobs.

What they saw was terrifying and although they barely got a good look around their uninviting surroundings, it still left a hard pit in each of their stomachs.

"Incoming!" Axel warned as the speeding minecarts approached a creeper standing ahead. As they drew close, the creeper exploded, sending the minecarts off their tracks with the team being flung off.

Jesse groaned, covering his arms as he shivered, a cold breeze brushing past him. Everyone looked surprised, spotting animals of all kinds including monsters fleeing for their lives. The hostile mobs weren't even attacking them and were instead trying to save their own lives. Creepers included.

"Chris! There you are!" Called a familiar voice and the team glanced over to spot Magnus and Ellegaard with their swords drawn. They both looked exhausted, almost as if they've been out here for a while.

"Ellegaard! You're alright!" Chris beamed, running up to his cousin. Although still not being close, he was glad she was safe.

"MAGNUSS!" Maggie squealed, tackling her brother in a massive hug. She was delighted to finally be reunited with her brother at last.

"Mags! So glad you could make it!" Magnus chuckled nervously, checking his sister for any injuries.

"I'm fine, Magnus. We didn't just go into the End to look for Soren for nothing," Maggie huffed as the siblings joined them as well.

"Is that so? Could've used you earlier!" Magnus said, putting the younger kids behind him in order to protect them. "Showing up just in time to hold up the trophy, eh?"

Soren meanwhile hid behind Axel. It was clear he didn't want either of them to see him because he still felt unsure and nervous about what his former friends must've thought of him.

"Why did you leave us?!" Jess questioned.

"Leave?! We're right here!" Magnus huffed.

"You ditched us!" Nikki huffed.

"We've been fighting this entire time!" Ellegaard explained.

"Maybe that wouldn't have happened if you guys hadn't run away!" Chris scolded. "We needed you back there!"

Before the conversation could go on, a creeper approached them. Magnus, noticing it in time, shoved Maggie and Chris out the way before it exploded and when it did, it sent him, Ellegaard and the siblings flying to the ground.

"What's going on?" Lukas panicked. Petra stood her ground as she held her sword in her defense as Axel yelped, barely able to dodge an explosion from a creeper.

"You don't have to worry about the monsters.. they're running away," Soren said, grabbing everyone's attention as he faced the biggest threat they'd have to deal with. "Worry about what they're running away from."