Chapter 4

A/N

So, I kind of forgot to update this fanfiction. Honestly, I've had this chapter sighting in my drafts for months but I'd never finished it. My mind had moved onto other fanfictions and this one lay forgotten. However, I suddenly felt the urge to carry on with this fic. I can't guarantee quick updates but I will be updating this.

Also, I'm not very happy with this chapter but I didn't want to start over again from scratch so please look past that. Thank you for the continued support on this fanfiction and I can't wait to write some more <3

Kim Shin POV

Where am I? In all my years I have never been summoned before, or at least that's what I think must have happened. One moment I was picking flowers in my field as I haven't visited it in weeks and the next, I'm somewhere else. Was I thinking anything different from normal? I suppose I was thinking about my new roommate if you can call him a roommate. Is he the one responsible?

A breeze whistles past my ear and leaves my tongue with salt. I may not know where I am but at least I now know I must be by some kind of sea. My mind feels disjointed, perhaps a side-effect of this teleportation. Whatever it was, I don't want to go through it again.

The girl who jumped when I announced my presence is staring at me. Although there is my slight suspicion that that Grim Reaper is responsible, I am fairly certain that the true culprit is the girl standing in front of me. If it is not the case, it seems peculiar that I would appear next to her.

"Are you a ghost?" The strange girl asks, her face curious.

"You summon me and the first thing you ask is if I'm a ghost?" I look down at the clothes I'm wearing that certainly don't fit the current situation. If I had known that I would be summoned somewhere, I would have worn different clothes. If I had known at all that summoning me would be possible, everything would be different. Why didn't God mention this when he turned me into a Goblin?

The girl crosses her arms, obviously unhappy with my answer. "I didn't summon you"

I go to place my hands on my hips to emphasise my point but then I realise that in my right, I'm holding the small bouquet of buckwheat flowers that I was gathering in my field. "Yes you did," I reply, shaking the bouquet at her, watching as some of the small petals drift to the sandy ground.

"I've never seen you before so how would I have summoned you?"

"Well, you have." Honestly, how can this girl try to deny summoning me when she clearly did?

The girl stops for a moment before asking. "So are you a ghost?"

I scoff, thinking that the girl must be joking but there is no hint on her face. I stop my small laugh, "No, I'm not. Why do you think I'm a ghost?"

"You just appeared in mind air"

"You suspect me for that?" Wow, this girl is definitely something else.

"It's something like that" As she mutters this, it looks like the girl's eyes drift to my chest, exactly where my sword is. No, that can't be possible. I must be tired and imagining it or reading too much into the situation.

I hold out the small bouquet towards her. "Here." The girl takes it, staring at it in amazement.

"Why?" Her tone is different, softer than it has been.

"You were shouting at god so at least have some compensation for your wasted time," I say, this time placing my hands in my pocket in an attempt to look 'cool'. Or at least, this is how I've witnessed the notion of seeming cool is achieved.

"How do you know that?"

"There's something like that," I smirk, repeating the words she muttered to me. However the girl doesn't notice, instead, she keeps her eyes on the bouquet I gave her. She's staring so intently you'd think she'd never been given flowers before.

"Apparently every flower has a meaning. What do you think the meaning of these is?"

"Lovers," I simply reply. Her eyes move up to look at mine, her gaze soft. I didn't mean to give her flowers of that meaning it just happened. When I was picking some buckwheat flowers, I hadn't expected to be summoned somewhere for the first time in my life.

"So if you're answering on behalf of God, does that mean you're going to help me?"

I wrack my brain trying to think what to do. I should try and help this girl but I don't have the power of God. If could, I would let do something but there's nothing I can actually do. Which of her demands could I actually do? "There's a job for you," I say, trying to sound as confident as I can.

"A job?" She sounds sceptical, her eyebrow raised in question

"Yes, a job." I rub my hand on the back of my head, a habit I do every time I become anxious.

"At a Chicken restaurant," I add quickly. There are enough in this city for her to find some kind of job somewhere. As long as she has hope now, that's all that matters. Especially as I'm never going to see her again.

Suddenly the girl rushes forward, her arms wrapping around my side, pulling me close. "Thank you! Thank you!" She shouts through a smile, wrapping her arms around me tighter.

"It's, uh, no problem," I try to say through the awkwardness. Were hugs always this awkward or is it just that I haven't experienced one in a long time? I pull her away quickly, wanting to be free of her grasp. I need to leave now before I say something worse.

The girl turns back around, facing the sea and at that moment, I disappear back to my field. The sensation feels different, more welcoming than before. I allow myself to think back to the experience I've just had and two things play on my mind. One: the girl managed to summon me and it doesn't seem like she knows how. Two: When she asked me that question, it looked like she was looking at my chest. No, that can't be possible, it must be a coincidence. Or perhaps if it's the truth it makes everything else make sense. At last, I must have found the Goblin's Bride.