Part 9 :Let me hate you

2548 words

Elijah POV.

We were all sitting, waiting for Rebekah, I sat with a book on the single seat couch, Klaus was sprawled on the bigger couch, Kol in front of a mirror, obnoxious as ever and finn quiet keeping to himself at the back of the room. None had heard from Rebekah when she suddenly walked in.
"Well, well, well Rebekah Mikaelson out all night, what a scandal."
She slipped her shoes off and sat on the couch next to Klaus
"shut your trap Kol."
She glared.
"Now wherever have you been all night, with that commoner Matt was it?"
He teased, I shook my head at them.
"Shut up Kol, it's none of your business."
She silenced.
"My sister out all night, now that is my business."
He continued.
"Kol, if you don't shut up the next thing to come out your mouth will be your teeth."
We all grimaced oof.
"Brutal"
klaus shook his head. That didn't stop Kol
"who were you with bekah?"
He laughed. She growled in anger.
"If you must know I was with Damon Salvatore."
I looked up at her from the book
"Elijah I'm so sor-"
she said when she realised, I put my hand up
"don't"
before returning back to the book. The bell rang, I got up and went to get it, I opened it and it was Damon. He stood there and didn't say anything to me. I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed
"Rebekah"
I called
"It's for you."
Pettily, He makes me behave so childishly and act so petty. He rolled his eyes, Rebekah came to the door.
"Damon, What are you doing here?"
Confused
"like you don't know, probably for a second round"
I muttered glaring at him. I don't blame Rebekah, I blame him.
"No, we decided it was never to happen again."
He pressed his lips together laughing, great he heard me, I narrowed my eyes at him, he snorts "and I'm the childish one."
I cross my arms and huff, god he is so irritating, annoying, infuriating, arrogant and so, god he's just so sexy and hot - wait what.
"What do you want?"
I ask him. He walked into the house pushing past me and went into the room where all my siblings were. Rebekah chortled and I watched him move shocked, who does he think he is? I followed behind Rebekah only to see him sitting on the chair I was previously on flicking through the book I was reading, I groaned
"Have you seriously got no manners."
I shake my head at him, he peaks up from the book,
"nope."
Popping the P. For goodness sake he was doing it on purpose to annoy me, he has manners but just because it's me he's not showing them, I am going to hurt him, that smirk is killing me. "That's my seat."
I point out. He feigns a gasp
"oh my goodness, I didn't realise, everything else was occupied."
Staring at the very empty spot next to Niklaus.
"Move Damon."
I say, he sinks lower onto the couch becoming comfortable
"Just, Say what you need to say."
I sigh in annoyance. He nods
"you should sit down for this."
Kol and Finn had gone and sat with Klaus, Rebekah sat on the stool, I glared at Damon "where?"
Gritting my teeth. He pretends to think about it,
"welllll, you could join me."
He suggested wiggling his eyebrows. My eyes widen in shock, Klaus chokes and bursts into a coughing fit at the bluntness and his open flirting l, Rebekah looks down to not Laugh and kol and finn both cover their mouths. I sigh holding my head in my hands.
"I literally hate you right now and I know you don't like me at all right now either."
He looks up
"boring. Fine I am here because your mother wants to kill you and Elena was helping her up until yesterday."
The atmosphere became serious again.
"Anyways I'm going to go find a way for you all to not die, you can do whatever you want. Toodles."
He waved at Klaus and Finn who watched him amused, winked at Kol, blew a kiss to Rebekah and completely ignored me, he walked out of our house. I sigh, Elena lied to me, time to pay her a visit. I left the house without a word to my siblings and arrived at Elena's house. She was home alone great. I rang her doorbell and moved to the side. She opened it, looking confused, she stepped out the house, I grabbed her and vamped us away into the forest. We stopped. "Elijah? What the hell."
She asked panting.
"You know, Elena, I don't appreciate being lied to."
I said calmly. Her face fell in realisation
"I know and I'm sorry, I should've told you yesterday I'm sorry."
She says.
"Why didn't you tell me Elena?"
She sighed
"Klaus, is always going to come for me, if he's after me he risks my family and friends. Elijah you and your family are dangerous, so for a moment I considered letting you all-''
I finish for her
"and let us all die. I get it. Why did you tell Damon then? I'm sure you knew he would tell?"  She laughed,
"actually he wasn't going to tell you. I saw Rebekah walking out of the house today."
I rolled my eyes , she continued
"I told him, he was obviously worried, then he decided not to tell you because he is still angry, I convinced him to come tell you."
I looked up at her
"what changed your mind Elena?"
She looked back up,
"well, you are a good person and definitely don't deserve to die, also I couldn't do that to you know who, I care about him." 
I wait a while
"Do you love him?"
I ask.
"As a friend orr??"
She questions, I shrug.
"I do, stop glaring at Elijah and let me finish. I love him as a friend nothing more. What about you?"
I press my lips together and think of all the moments we have shared, the one time he stood before me naked after a shower, or the time he drank from a blood bag in front of me, or just the times we sat up through the nights flicking through grimoires discussing plans and talking. Dancing with him, last night, I looked down, shaking my head, smiling before looking back up at Elena
"I'd like to think we are well acquainted and friends."
She snorts
"friends, that's why you didn't invite Ric directly and glared at him AND ME at the dance all of last night."
I defend myself quickly
"I did not."
She laughed
"Please, you were ready to kill everyone except Bonnie who came within a 2m distance to him."
I shook my head
"apologies."
She raised her hands 
"just admit that you've fallen madly in love, I wouldn't blame you, Damon is Damon."
I scoff, then sigh.
"Elena whilst I have loved talking to you, I still have to do something to stop mother, because of your lies."
She nods,
"I'm sorry Elijah, really I am, I wish I could do something to help."
I look around
"you know Elena you should really be careful of what you wish for."
I grab her and stomp on the ground making a hole and dropping us both in it.
"Dammit Elijah, A warning would've been nice, I could've moved out of the way. Hello Elena no Hard feelings, well some coz I don't like you but I'm doing what I need to to protect my family."
Rebekah spoke slapping Elena unconscious. I gasp in shock
"was that entirely necessary?"
She takes a photo of Elena
"well, duh they need to believe it."
I groan
"he'll hate me for this."
Rebekah sends the pic, almost instantly my phone rings.
"Where are you?"
Damon asks in a relatively calm voice, maybe he hasn;t seen the pic yet.
"In the forest."
I reply.
"Stay there don't move."
He orders. I go out of the ditch and he arrives minutes later. He comes up to me smiling then punches me, I fall, not expecting it.
"What the hell Elijah. ELENA, SERIOUSLY ELENA. REAL CLASSY. THREATENING HER LIFE. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, WE WERE GOING TO HELP YOU ANYWAYS ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS ASK."
I get back up
"I know but we couldn't afford any mistakes, we have a plan."
He gritted his teeth
"well. what. the. hell. is. your. plan. then?"
I sigh
"just, come with me to do the house. Please?"
he looks up at me
"like hell I'm going anywhere with you."
he began walking away. I grabbed his arm stopping him, he turned and ripped it out of my arm. "Damon just listen and then you can do whatever you want."
He looked at me
"No."
I huffed
"I swear to god I will throw you over my shoulders or drag you across the floor to take you."
he walked closer to me till his face was right near mine, eyes looking up at me angry, is it bad seeing him so angry is so hot and turns me on,
"do it. I dare you."
He turned around and began walking away. I sighed and took off my suit jacket. I walked after him and lifted him up easily. He punched my back like it would make a difference. I rolled my eyes and continued walking with him hanging, throwing whatever he could grip on me, he clinged onto a tree at one point, what is wrong with this guy. I stopped and simply waited till he eventually let go of the tree, I smirked victoriously. The son of a bitch took a piece of wood and staked it through my back, I hissed and dropped him.
"What the hell Damon, are you crazy."
he got up and shrugged
"I told you to let me go. Oh look we're here at your house, Klaus can pull the stake out."
he smiled, oh lord he is honestly a psychopath. He walked in smiling
"KLAUS. HEY KLAUS. WE NEED YOUR HELP ELIJAH IS HURT."
He screamed, Klaus quickly came down quickly and panicked.
"What happened, woah how did you get staked."
He asked. Damon looked up
"Oh did I Forget to mention I staked him."
Klaus looked confused
"do I wanna know?"
I shake my head
"just pull it out."
Damon smirked
"you do that I am going to carry out my own plan."
He left the house before anyone could stop him.
"Why the bloody hell did he stake you?"
Klaus asked, pulling it out.
"Because he is a psychopath and crazy"
he laughed
"What?"
I asked. He shook his head, I asked again.
"It's just, kids do what you do to each other, the two of you like each other so badly why don't you do something about it."
He laughed and I sighed
"he makes me act childish."
"Good! I've never seen you laugh as much as you do with him"
he exclaims
"I don't know. We need to find him before he screws up."
Klaus shook his head
"no, we stick to the original plan, so which one of us will it be?"
I sighed
"this is your expertise Klaus go on, dagger me and we all fall."
Klaus laughed
"never going to let that go. very well then Elijah I shall dagger you ... Now."
he gently daggered me, falling and desiccating with me, all of our siblings were linked so we played that to our advantage, our temporary deaths were confusing mother.
Damon POV.
I left the house to find mama witch. I found her in the old witches' graveyard. She was surrounded by a circle of fire. I broke it. She pushed me away. Hybrids came to fight me, I defeated them easily. I grabbed her and force fed her my blood before snapping her neck. I lifted her and brought her to the mikaelson home.
"Yoo hoo, i'm here."
No one replied strangely. I called out their names and still got no reply. In that time mama witch woke up. I dropped her on the floor, she came flying at me to attack me.
"What the hell woman, get off."
I threw her off, snapping her neck. There that'll keep her calm. Now to find them. I went into their second main room and saw them all daggered on the floor. Wtf. I pull the dagger out Elijah. I phone Rebekah and tell her to bring Elena after some protests and she finally agrees. They all wake up except Elijah, I dagger him again, 1) to test they've been unlinked and 2) Elijah can wait. I walk out and tell them to follow me. Klaus laughs that I didn't undagger Elijah, I shrug.
"So, you know how you can't be a witch if you're a vampire, well don't get angry but your mother is a vampire."
I smirked just as she woke up. She came back to attack me, I couldn't hold her off, strange. "Hey a little help before I rip her heart out."
Klaus comes and pulls her off of me.
"So you managed to kill her all alone."
Before I could say anything their mother said
"he's crazy, he took on 8 hybrids, killed them all, then killed me. Alone. There's something wrong with him."
I wave at her and Klaus shakes his head laughing. He goes out of the room and comes back with Elijah. I groaned
"damn it why did you have to wake him up now the funs over."
He gives a fake smile.
"Mother, you're here!"
He questioned
"I'm not going to kill you guys, I can't. This psychopath here turned me Into a vampire"
she glared at me.
"YOU WHAT?"
He exclaimed.
"Use you vampire hearing idiot if you can't hear, I turned her into a vampire."
I shook my head.
"What the hell is wrong with you, why would you screw up the plan."
He asked.
"Listen don't get mad, I saved your life, thank you would be nice."
I rolled my eyes.
"THANK YOU? YOU WANT ME TO THANK YOU? DAMON YOU COULD'VE DIED. WE HAD A PLAN BUT YOU WALKED IN AND SCREWED IT UP. I TOLD YOU YESTERDAY IS WELL DON'T GET INVOLVED. WHAT IF YOU DIED HUH?"
He screamed. Ooo angry Elijah, that is way hotter and sexier then it needs to be. I should piss him off more.
"Well I didn't."
I told him calmly.
"Besides if I did, why do you care? As u said you told me yesterday it's not my business so what I do isn't yours."
He went to say something.
"No. YOU KNOW WHAT ELIJAH, DON'T I JUST SAVED YOU BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT YOU BUT YOU'RE WORRIED I RUINED THE PLAN. I AM SO SORRY SAVING YOU HAS BEEN SUCH AN INCONVENIENCE. Fuck you Elijah, fuck you."
I walked out. He didn't stop me.

(A/N - ok ok ok you guys I AM SO SORRY DON'T GIVE UP ON ME OK. I swear on my addiction to the vampire diaries they will get together in this part.)