Chapter Seven: My Hero

A/N: Title not thought of while listening to Foo Fighters. Another one was, but not this one. The Foo Fighters inspired one comes in next chapter.

"Miss? Miss, are you alright?" An unknown voice hurriedly asked from behind you.

____________

"Huh?" You rolled over, trying hard to not move your ankle.

There was a man, probably in his mid-seventies, bent over you. He was practically bald and a bit on the heavier side. His eyes were filled with concern.

"I mean, not particularly. Who are you?" You rasped.

"Oh, forgive me. My name is Samuel Loomis. Here, let me help you."

Samuel gestured for you to give him your hands and proceeded to pull you to your feet. You tried to stand on your ankle, but based off the shooting pain that ran from your ankle to your calf, that wasn't happening anytime soon.

"Where do you live? I'll take you home," Samuel offered.

"I um, I can't go home," You mumbled, realizing that Charles knew where you lived. No matter how badly you wanted to go home, it would only become a vicious cycle of kidnapping.

"Oh, um, well, allow me to take you to mine, then. Can you walk?" He asked, pulling an arm beneath your shoulders.

You shrugged and attempted to take a step forwards. In that moment, your ankle snapped. You felt the bone give in to the pressure as a loud crack rang through the dead forest. You stumbled forwards, only to be caught by Samuel.

"Right, apparently not. Here, let me help you. I've parked just across the way," Samuel pointed to a tan Ford Wagon.

Had you really made it that close to the road and not realized?

You and Samuel hobbled over to the car and he took you around the side to let you in. You didn't realize that it was still dark outside until Samuel clicked off his flashlight. That meant that you hadn't been out for very long, maybe an hour or two.

"What's your name?" Samuel asked.

"Y/N," You replied.

"Alright, Y/N. Do you mind telling me why you were out in the woods at night?" Samuel asked.

"You wouldn't believe me." You sighed. "Why were you out?"

You chuckled. Samuel seemed trustworthy, although it was a bit suspicious as to why he was out.

After a few moments of silence, you spoke up.

"I was being held hostage and I escaped. Two of the people holding me followed me and one of them hurt my ankle. They walked off and I couldn't move, so I just laid there. And then you found me. Thank you, Samuel, by the way."

Samuel looked at you and smiled.

"Please, call me Sam. And you're very welcome. I was out looking for a man. I doubt you'd believe me if I told you who because this is not where he usually is, but I was tipped off that he might be in this town," Sam explained.

"So, you're a private detective?" You asked.

"No. I'm a psychologist. But the man I'm looking for was one of my patients. He went on a killing spree and every Halloween, he comes back to where it all began and tries to hunt down his sister. He kills anyone in his way. My goal is to get him back in the institute. Have you seen him? His name is Michael Myers," Sam inquired, pulling a wrinkled 'wanted' poster from his pocket.

"Oh, my God," You whispered as your heart dropped down into your bowels.

"What? Do you know him?" Sam probed.

"Yes! He was one of the people holding me captive!" You cried out.

"Oh, dear." Sam's excitement quickly fled as he shook his head. "You're going to have to stay with me for a while."

"What? I mean, not to be rude, but why?" You demanded.

"Michael does not know that have a house here. He only knows that I stay in Haddonfield most of the year. If you are seen by Michael or whoever he's staying with that held you captive, you'll be putting yourself, myself, and the whole town at risk. You have to stay hidden," Sam revealed. "You'll be safest with me."

Sighing shakily, you nodded. If it saved lives, you were willing.

You and Sam sat in silence for the rest of the drive. Once you reached the house, Sam helped you out of the car and up the porch, practically having to carry you up the steps. Carefully, he set you on the couch in the living room.

"Green tea?" Sam asked, walking back towards the kitchen.

You nodded and dropped your head to examine your ankle. The skin around the bone was swollen and bruising. The sight of it made your stomach turn, but you refused to vomit on Sam's carpet. You swallowed the acidic taste and took deep breaths, hoping it was enough to keep it down.

A few moments later, Sam came back with two cups of tea. He handed one to you and sat down across from you.

"If I were to give you a pencil and paper, would you be able to describe how the people who held you hostage looked like? Draw them out and verbally give a description?" Sam asked.

You nodded.

Sam went over to the desk and grabbed a notepad and a pencil.

As you described each of the people that were holding you, you watched as Sam's face grew increasingly more pale.

"Is something wrong?" You asked.

"Y/N, are you a fan of horror movies? Specifically, slasher movies?" Sam asked, sipping his tea.

"I mean, not particularly. I prefer S/F/M/G (second favorite movie genre. First if horror isn't you go-to), but on Halloween, my friends and I would always get together and watch F/N/S/H/M (Favorite non-slasher horror movie). Why?"

"I didn't think these people were real. All these people, aside from Jeff and his dog, are from horror movies. I believe Jeff is an urban legend, along with the dog, but everyone else is from a movie. Norman is from Psycho. Jason is from Friday the 13th. Billy is from Scream. Jed is from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Freddy is from A Nightmare on Elm Street. Elliott is from Hellraiser. Pennywise is from IT. Charles and Tiffany are from Childs' Play. Michael inspired Halloween." Sam shook his head in disbelief. "I didn't think they were real."

You felt your face go pale, too. Well, it was just such a relief to know that you were living with people that no-one else knew was real. That meant that if you ever went to the police, they wouldn't believe you. Nobody would. You weren't even sure if Sam believed you. But he had to! He knew Michael Myers!

"You do believe me? Don't you?" You asked.

"Yes; I have to. Michael is real. Even if these people are just psychotic look-alikes, I have to believe you because you've seen Michael," Sam established.

You told Sam about everything after that. You told him about your friend, Michael and his knife, and about everyone's attitude. You told him about your previous attempt to leave and how both times, Billy was there. You spoke until the sun began to rise, causing Sam to hold up his hand.

"I hate to cut this short, but you need sleep. I'll stay here for the day, but I need you to go get some sleep. I can have one of my friends come over this afternoon, she'll know what to do about your ankle. Here, I'll guide you to the guest bedroom," Sam concluded, standing up and offering you his hand.

____________

Sam had retrieved a sleeping gown from the basement. He explained that it was one his daughter used to wear, but she left it once she moved out. He thought it looked about your size. He left you alone in the guest bed after making sure that you knew where to find him and the bathroom.

After you changed, you put yourself in the bed and fell asleep with ease. You felt safe here. You felt like everything was going to be okay.

But you knew that there was a fat chance of that being true.