Chapter 16: Family Reunion

A/N: Holy Lord, Criminal Minds Season Five is really messing with my emotions. Anyone know the part I'm talking about? With Hotch and his family? Am I the only one who is not okay after watching that?

It had been a few days since Elliott had given you the stitches.

____________________________

"I have noticed that you tend to hit your head. Please, for the love of God, try not to hit your head, specifically the back. If you do, it will only make things worse," He had said.

____________________________

Everyone in the house was careful with you. They acted like you were made of glass, like you were going to fall apart if you even stubbed your toe. People were doing the tasks that you would normally do without an issue, but they had no reason to. You were perfectly capable of doing your laundry and your dishes.

But the person who treated you like a China doll the most was Michael. He monitored your every move when you were in his presence. Whenever you got up to get food, Michael would put his hand out, signal for you to sit back down, and ask you what you needed.

____________________________

"What do you need from the kitchen?" He'd write.

"I was going to get a glass of F/D (Favorite drink)," You'd say.

"I'll get it. I was just about to get a glass of water."

"Oh, okay. Thank you."

____________________________

Gently, you knocked on the door to Michael's bedroom. You knew that if you knocked with average aggression, he'd flip a table and have reason to believe that the door broke your hand.

Once he opened the door, he immediately grabbed your hand and inspected it.

"I'm fine, Aunt Josephine. There's no need to worry about the doors." You said, removing your hand from his inspective eyes.

"Do you need something? And who's Aunt Josephine?"

"Okay, you've just disgraced so many people. And, yes, I do need something. Sit down on the couch with everyone else."

Michael went before you down the stairs, making sure to turn back and look at you every few seconds. You knew you weren't the only one Michael was doing this to, but you were the only one who had the audacity to question it.

"Why are all of you acting like I'm made of glass?" You asked. "It's my head that hurts, not my hands or feet or legs. I can use my limbs and extremities."

No one responded. They all looked at the floor or at each other, asking others to explain why they've been careful.

"Alright, fine; I'll say it. Elliott used the wrong medication when he did the stitches. Instead of a sedative, he gave you a large dose of Aspirin. It can, uh, take a toll on you," Billy spoke up.

"Well, great. Thanks for not telling me about what could be a medical issue. What would it do to me?" You groused.

"Burning throat, drowsiness, fever, restlessness, vomiting, to name a few," He replied.

"Well, I haven't had any of that," You attested.

"Good, then you're probably fine. No harm done, just a potentially dangerous mistake. Elliott, don't ever do anything medical again, thank you and goodnight," Jeff grunted, getting up and heading towards the stairwell.

"Oh, no you don't; I'm not done yet!" You cried, grabbing Jeff by his arm and pulling him back onto the couch with an abnormal amount of strength.

Jeff looked surprised, to say the least, but did not get up again.