Chapter 1: Saved

You closed your eyes, as you sighed.

It had been a long night.

And it was going to be an even longer one - with no place to stay, no money, and possibly still on the run from those witches, well.. you were in for it.

*screeeech*

You suddenly heard an eerie sound, coming from the other side of the ally.

"My, aren't I in for a tasty soul tonight~." Coming out from the shadows, was a tanned male, with straps covering the major parts of his body, black wing-like features on his waist, an ominous mask stitched onto his face, a very pointed nose, blades running down his arms, and adoring his fingertips.

You were screwed. For sure this time.

When you fought the guards and the witches, you were vaguely aware of what you were doing, and you were fueled by pure anger.

What am I gonna do!? What am I gonna do!? I can't defend myself - hell, I don't even know what this guy is! Shit, shit, shi-

"Sorry, but you won't be having any souls tonight." Another voice came from the other end of the ally. It was a man, with a lit cigarette hanging off his lip, gray hair, and a lab coat. He was also holding this weird cross in his hand.

"Ooh, my night keeps getting better and better~. Although, I probably shouldn't be such a glutton, and take all of your souls~... Oh, well~, it'd be a shame to waste such a good opportunity." The monster said, before he launched himself toward you.

You froze. What were you supposed to do!?

Squeezing your eyes shut, you waited for the worse to happen.... But it never came.

As you opened your eyes again, you saw that you were in the arms of the gray-haired man. Jumping away from the spot currently being attacked by the strange monster, he then set you down in the corner of the ally. After making sure that you were okay, he started to attack the malicious-looking gargantuan.

He was making quick work of the thing, with multiple swings of his staff, but the final blow struck a cord in you — it was Soul Force.

Erik..

You pulled your knees to your chest, but didn't look away from the scene.

The force of the attack blew a hole into its chest, and after a couple of seconds of silence and no movement, the body of the demon male warped into black swirls, then into a red orb, slowly floating down towards the ground.

Hey, that thing.. it looks like what I imagined when Erik taught me about Kishins and their souls.

A bright light flashed from the staff he was holding. When the light dispersed, a tall red-haired man, stood beside your savior. The red-head walked toward you and held out his hand.

"Hey, are you okay? We here to take you to Lord Death, and don't worry, we aren't from the organization." He smiled gently at you.

You didn't know why, but you took his hand. You felt as if you could trust them.

Erik did always say I had a good sense of character.

One-Sided (Death The Kid x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें