Chapter 13: The Big Man On Campus.. Is A Total Softie

Falling back on your pillow, you released a sigh so big, it seemed as if you'd been holding your breath for months.

It has been a few weeks since you've started training, and honestly, with Black Star's antics during training made it hard to get anything done. And when you did actually train, it was exhausting. But, it was kind of rewarding when you got to see some of Black Star's soft side.

~Flashback~

"Now as your almighty god, I can handle anything, so come at me with all you've got!"

"'Kay!" As your ring started to glow, you took a breath, before chanting, "Of the ocean, and of the great surging streams... Water Marionette!"

A sizable, around ten feet, plump figure loomed over Black Star. You've never used this attack against him, so it slightly caught him of guard. The amount of time Black Star spent gaping at the doll, which was about a fraction of a second, was enough for you to move hands and fingers into various positions, giving the marionette a silent command.

It swooped a poofy hand down to Black Star, grabbed him, and brought him up to the other hand, letting it clasp onto Black Star's body. You brought your own hands together, interlacing your fingers, and squeezed. This caused your creation of water to do the same, except with Black Star's body squished in between.

"Of the great raging turret... Spout.."

The puppet started to swirl into a small waterspout. In the middle of the twister of water, where Black Star was, it started to become tighter and tighter.

"..Burst." Before it could squeeze him until he popped, you released him.

Panting, and out of breath, you let your hands fall down to your sides, the dark blue hue emitting from your ring, dimming out.

You looked over to Black Start, where he struggled to get up.

Or so you thought.

He mumbled a few words, but you couldn't make them out. But, when Black Star disappeared from your line of sight, you finally realized what he had said.

Speed Star.

When he reappeared, he was right in front of you, fist raised high. Black Star gave you a bone-breaking punch to the face. The force of the impact sent you flying a good ways from him.

The fight was over, and he had won. Yet, again.

"I'll hand it to ya, you had me on a run for my money, but you still lack focus." You looked up at him. "Don't get to relaxed, until the fight is over, and you are clearly victorious."

He reached a hand out to you. "Well, you certainly are improving. As a reward, your god will take you out for lunch." As you starred incredulously at him, he blushed and looked away. "Don't get it twisted, I'm only doing this because you've improved.. and because I sort of think of you as a little sister.." He mumbled the last part.

You smiled as you took his hand.

~

Ever since then, you've started to look at Black Star as a big brother figure.

He may act like a loudmouth, hardheaded, cocky, and inconsiderate guy, but way deep down, it was the total opposite.

You laughed a little, as you closed your eyes.

He's a total softie~.