Chapter 2: We'll Take You In

You came to a halt, once you saw the sight before you:

Tens of thousands of stairs.

Your feet were already sore from all the running you previously did, how were you going to make it through this?

"You won't have to worry. I'll carry you up, while you get some rest, okay?" Spirit, you learned was his name, offered. You only nodded. As he knelt down, you climbed onto his back. You closed your eyes, and let your fatigue take over.

~

You woke up a little while later, to see that you were in some kind of room, that made it look like you were outside. You unconsciously started to shield your head from the large guillotines above your head.

After some more time spent walking, you made it to the center of the room, where a pitch black, tall, eccentric looking thing stood.

"Hiya!" Whatever it was, bounced over to Spirit, to look over his shoulder at you. You suddenly became very shy.

In a quieter voice, it spoke, "You must be (First Name), of the Akui Organization. My name is Death, and there's a very good reason I brought you here."

He waited a few seconds before speaking again. "As you probably already know, you posses some powers. What you may or may not know, is that you are a Meister, which means you should find, and train, a Weapon."

Death then waited again for a response, which never came, so he continued. "You won't have to worry about the Akui, we'll keep you safe."

"We'll take you in."