Chapter 3: I Have One Request

You didn't know why, but you agreed to Death's offer, and decided to become a Meister at Death Weapon Meister Academy.

After the meeting with Death, he told Spirit to led you to the DWMA dormitory. Of course, he had to carry you again — you were still really tired, and if you didn't have to, you didn't want to walk down all of those stairs.

When you entered the DWMA girl's dormitory, you were instantly welcomed by a girl named Tsugumi. She led you to a room where she said you would be staying.

Because you were still wearing the ragged clothes you wore everyday back at Akui, to your request, Tsugumi lent you some clothes to wear to bed, and some to wear to school tomorrow.

Once you finished taking a bath, you crawled into bed, feeling slightly happier.

You sighed. Guess I'll have to tackle those stairs tomorrow.

~

Panting heavily, you collapsed to the ground.

You knew you'd take a while to get all the way up, so you got up earlier to leave yourself time for those stairs.

When you finally regained your breath, you checked the wristwatch Tsugumi gave you, only to see that it was 6:30. Even though you didn't plan it, that left you enough time to look around the school, before you had to go to the entrance ceremony, where you'd hopefully find a partner.

As you walked into the school, you saw that the hallways were already bustling with people, and you unconsciously started to tug at your skirt — it was a little short, plus you didn't have much experience with mass amounts of people.

~

The school was so big, that you only got to go around about a quarter of it, before it was time to head to the ceremony.

When you made it there, a blue man stood at a corner of the room, behind a podium with multiple tags on it, saying either "Weapon" or "Meister". You head towards him.

Upon getting there, he asked, "Are you a Weapon or Meister?"

"Meister." You spoke so quietly, you were afraid he couldn't have heard you. Fortunately, he did. He handed you one of the Meister tags.

You stood there in the room, feeling uncomfortable, while nearly everyone else had already paired up. You were too shy to approach anyone, so you left the room, and head toward one of the balconies you visited while touring.

When you got there, you saw a boy sitting on the edge of the cement rail. You decided to just go to the opposite side of the edge, and look over at Death City.

You never got to do it before, so now that you were, you realized how astounding Death City looked from high up. It was breath taking.

"Amazing, right?" You jumped slightly, not noticing when the mystery boy had moved closer to you. He had green eyes, light brown hair and ivory skin, and was wearing a blue checkered button-up shirt, and brown khaki shorts. He gave off a boyish charm.

"Y-yeah." You blushed.

"Are you a Meister or Weapon?"

"Meister." You mumbled shyly.

"I'm a Weapon. My name's Nathan Winter, call me Nate. You are?"

"(First Name) (Last Name), nice to meet you, Nate." For reasons unknown, your shyness slowly started to melt away.

"I hope I'm not being too forward or anything, but would you like to be partners?" He blushed, rubbing the back of his neck. "I see you're wearing a tag, meaning you're here for the ceremony to find a partner. I was there too, but I felt awkward there. I can kinda tell that's the reason why you're here."

You shook hands with each other, "S-sure, let's be partners!" You said happily.

"Awesome! Most partners live with each other, so you can move into my apartment!" He said excitedly.

"But, I have one request," You waited for a bit of time before speaking again. "When we collect our ninety-ninth kishin soul, we'll be taking down a specific witch."

The was one witch who led everything at Akui. She was the founder of the experiments, the torturing, everything.

You were going to avenge your friend's deaths.