Chapter 11: It Is My Fault!

Maka, Kid, Black Star and the rest, continued theorizing about the attack, until the nurse, Naigus, came into to check up on everyone's injuries.

When it was time for you to be checked upon, she saw that you were awake, and commented about it. This caused all of your friends to crowd around your bed. They had heard you sustained the worst injuries, having been paralyzed.

But when you sat up, on your own, all, except Naigus, got confused. With information provided by Lord Death, Naigus, and a few others, knew about what had happened, what the Kishin Egg said to you, and that it was just a temporary paralyzing spell put on you. She also knew about yours, and Nathan's, ties with Akui, and Akali.

She wrote down a few things on her clipboard, before giving you a knowing look, and left the vicinity.

"I see you're awake." Kid said, smiling. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine." You mumbled, as you got out of bed, and walked toward your boots, near the entrance. Everyone followed you.

"Where are you going?"

"It isn't important."

Someone grabbed your wrist, stopping you from moving any further. When you turned around, you saw that it was Maka. You yanked your arm away. "We know."

Your eyes widened slightly, and you looked toward Nathan. He only averted your gaze, sheepishly. He told.

"So? I can deal with it on my own. It's my fault that you guys got dragged into this, so just stay out of it.

Maka grabbed both of your wrists, this time. "You can't possibly think this is your fault!"

Yet again, you yanked your arms away. "IT IS MY FAULT!"

A glass of water, near the other side of the room, fell to the floor, rather loudly.

Everyone was looking at you strangely. Nathan was first to comment. "(Nickname).. your eyes.."

Confused, you walked over to a mirror, and there it was. You had almost forgotten.

Your pupils.

They were blue.

The way they were when you escaped from Akui.