Chapter 6: Scythe Slicin' and Sharp Shootin'

A/N: I know there hasn't been much interaction with the rest of the gang, but that's coming soon. Also, I am very new to writing battle scenes, so bear (rawwr) with me.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Nathan glowed a light green hue, before transforming into your hands. He was a scythe.

It was a new feeling. It felt nice. Your soul and his soul working together the way the they were.

You remembered the way Spirit's partner swung Spirit around, so you tried to intimate it. It worked.

You were spinning Nate, in scythe form, at an incredible rate. You ran after the Kishin Egg, and swung at its neck. Its flesh harden into rock.

You were confused at first, but jumped back once it growled, and swung for you. You ran at it again, and started swinging fast, and accurately at its body. Everywhere you hit, harden into rock. It seemed useless so you jumped back a couple feet.

"It's not working. Everywhere I hit doesn't affect it at all."

"Then why don't we try another form." Nathan glowed once again, as he became an eccentric, black shotgun.

You aimed quickly, as the gears on the gun turned, before a (Favorite Color) bullet was shot. The recoil on the gun was so strong, you staggered back a bit. Gonna have to get used to that.

The bullet blew a hole in its arm. It's working! Then I'll have to keep going. The gears on the gun started to move faster, as you unleashed a flurry of bullets.

All it took was one more shot. One more shot, and that Kishin Egg in front of you would warp into a red orb, which Nate would take as his first soul.

Before you could take the shot, a vine came from out of the ground, and latched onto your shoulder. It tossed you into a building, and you winced slightly. It was going to latch onto your leg, but you jumped high into the air.

While airborne, you fired.