26

Watching Mei's match with Iida was amusing, to say the least. That mechanic maniac sure had her fun promoting her 'babies' and having Iida running around desperately. His face when Mei deliberately walked out the ring was priceless, too. To say Hitoshi and Killua were having a laughing fit in the crowd of audiences is an understatement. 

"Holy hell that was funny," Killua said to Mei in between wheezes. Next to him was Hitoshi, who was over it already. "Well, I did tell you I joined just for promoting my babies," Mei shrugged, "You should've seen it coming, really." 

"Honestly I could imagine her doing that," Hitoshi quipped, earning a hearty laugh from the pink haired girl. Dropping the topic, she asked, "What about you, Kil? You nervous?". Killua pondered for a few seconds, then shrugged, "Nah, not really. My career isn't riding on this like it is for Hito, so I don't really mind it much, though I'm aiming quite high that's for sure."

In all honesty, Killua just wanted to place high enough to give Hitoshi an advantage, take out all the hardest enemies that Killua would encounter, then loose purposely when he thinks Hitoshi can deal with the rest. But the pale haired teen wouldn't say that, he'd never say that. Hitoshi knows he's been depending on Killua a lot throughout the festival, and Killua wants Hitoshi to feel pride from at least the final tournaments, which is supposedly the hardest one. You can call Killua a kind hearted friend all you want, Killua would deny every last bit of it, like he does with Gon. 

_______________________

"You're up next, huh?" Mei nudges Killua's shoulder whilst the trio were drinking sodas beside the vending machines. "Mm, yeah, I guess," the pale haired boy shrugged, taking another sip of his soda. "Who were you up against, again? Shozika Ibara?" Hitoshi asked aloud, racking his brain to remember the name beside Killua's on the battle list. "It's Shiozaki Ibara," Mei helpfully answered, "She's a student from class 1-B. The girl has vines for hair, I thought of whipping up some new babies for her, like a hairtie that actually wouldn't rip because of the thorns.. Oh! maybe even let them open or change shape at will so she can have an easier time maneuvering it!" Mei beamed before sulking, "Though she didn't seem interested in my offer".

Whilst listening to Mei ramble about, Killua was using the bits of information on Shiozaki Ibara his pink haired friend talked about to devise a plan in which he would reveal just the amount of power he wants to convey: not too much, and not too little. 

___________________

"ANDDD NEXT UP WE HAVE SHIOZAKI IBARA FROM CLASS 1B IN TH HERO COURSE!" present mic commentated, "VERSUS! KILLUA ZOLDYCK FROM CLASS 1A IN THE HERO COURSE AS WELL! HOW WILL THE FIGHT BETWEEN THESE TWO HERO STUDENTS TURN OUT? I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO WAIT ANY LONGER!"

"To deliver salvation to others, it is my humble quest to spread true good across the nation," a girl with green vines as hair spoke, "I thank you for your kind understanding". 'Oh wow, what a pep talk' Killua thinks, amused. Oh well, she's going down, that's for sure. 

Waiting for Shiozaki to make the first move, Killua simply tucked his hands in the pockets of his pants. Once Shiozaki seemed to notice Killua wouldn't be making the first move, she skillfully maneuvered her vine-like hair to charge at the pale haired boy. What a straightforward move, Killua thought to himself as he stepped aside, dodging the vines entirely. 

This went on for a few minutes, Shiozaki shooting her vines in Killua's direction as well as trying to get a few hits by detaching some of her vine-hair and utilizing them as shurikens. Of course, it was all futile as the ex-assassin dodged them all without breaking a sweat. 

Soon enough, the whole court was covered in pieces of Shiozaki's vines, and she seemed to have taken up quite some energy from all those front and back attacks. Wait, Killua thought, This festival was to prove a person's abilities, right? As the pale haired boy remembered that, he decided that he'll have at least a bit of empathy for his opponent, as he very subtly allowed himself to get entangled in the vines as they wrapped around Killua's frame.