Chapter 5

TRIGGER WARNING: BLOOD WARNING!!!

Drift was making a plan to kill me and the others for interference and being in his way. But little did he know, we were also planning an attack to get rid of him for good. It was going to take a lot since he also had some friends to be in on the plan, including Brite Bomber. Even though they have been seeing each other a lot recently, Drift still thinks I belong to him. He is so fucking crazy. John was currently talking with some of the Agents as Calamity, Deadfire, and I were fixing some guns for everyone. I felt bad about doing this to my boyfriend but everyone agrees I need to be free from him. I never would have thought such a kind, sweet, loving man would end up turning in to such a fucking monster. I don't know what I did for him to turn this way, but I guess we will find out soon enough. Calamity heard the front door open to the Sheriff office since we all went back to the Battle Royale island. Skye had walked in and she waved at everyone. "We sent Tina and Meowscles to check out where Drift is currently at. The boss is going to arrive here in about 15 minutes." She said as we all nodded. I was really curious about who this Midas character was, but from what we obviously heard he is a very strict man. All of a sudden we heard shooting and we all took cover as Drift barged in the Sheriff's Office and ran at me. John lunged at him but Drift shot him in the stomach and blood started to fly. I screamed and tried to go to him but Drift grabbed me by my arm. He pointed his gun to my head as he screamed at everyone not to move an inch or he would shoot me. I was shaking and crying for my life as he backed up with me and left. He just kidnapped me and injured my uncle who is now coughing up blood. Deadfire shot Drift from the upper window and it hit him in the shoulder, but he started to use me as a shield and we got away. Deadfire loudly cursed as he ran out to try and catch us but Brutus grabbed him by the arm. "Hey, we'll get her back. Just you wait. If you go after them now he'll kill her and it will all be pointless." He said as Calamity was helping John get patched up. Deadfire looked and he tried to calm down and went back inside with Brutus. He went to John's side and apologized for not hitting a headshot. John nodded and sat up. "It's...alright...we'll kill that son of a b-bitch.." he coughed a bit. About 15 minutes later, Tina and Meowscles came back with Midas and they were both panicking at what happened. Midas was rather calm, though since he didn't really know the situation. "Where did he take her?" Tina asked as Midas cleared his throat. "I say they didn't go far since I saw them running towards Weeping Woods." He said as Deadfire looked at him. "Why didn't you stop him?!" He shouted as Midas crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. "If I were to reveal myself as an ally with you all then he would have killed her and me. I did it to save her life since I now know where they are currently residing with the girl." He said as Skye looked. "You have an exact location, boss?" She asked as he nodded and took out some paper and the map and marked it. He started to explain how they would retrieve me without being noticed. Deadfire looked at John and whispered to him: "this Midas guy is the real deal, eh?" He looked at John as he nodded in agreement.