Part 14

"But Master, do you have to go?" Ahsoka pouted. Over the last week she had grown used to having Anakin around again, but his week off for meditation had ended and the Council needed him back on Coruscant.

"Sorry Snips, but I gotta go."

"Ani will miss you. She's really grown fond of you over the last few days."

Anakin scooped up the little girl in his arms and booped her nose causing the baby girl to giggle a bit. "Ani and Ben have been great practice for when my lovely wife gives birth."

"You will be back for that won't you Ani?" Came a voice from the door.

Anakin set baby Ani back down and strode over to his wife. He leaned her back and planted a kiss on her lips. "Of course gorgeous, I wouldn't miss the birth of my children for anything. Besides, the war is basically over, soon I will have so much free time I won't know what to do with myself."

"Good, I don't know if I could do it without you."

Anakin smiled and kissed Padme again. "Well I better get going. I need to get back to the Temple ASAP. Obi-Wan tells me the Council has a mission for me."

As if on cue, Rex appeared at the door. "General," he said as he saluted.

"At ease Rex."

"Are you ready to leave sir?"

"Actually, Rex, I want you to stay here. Protect Padme and Ahsoka and watch over them. Help them if they need it. Based on the sound of it, this won't be a mission I need a whole army for."

"Yes sir," Rex said with a salute.

"Well everyone, with any luck, I'll see you back here soon," Anakin said addressing the whole group in the room.

"Master Kenobi always said there's no such thing as luck," Ahsoka pipped up.

"Good thing I taught you otherwise," Anakin replied with a smirk. He turned to walk out of the room before Ahsoka's voice stopped him.

"Anakin," she paused as he turned around to face her, "good luck," she finished. Anakin just smiled as he left the room with Rex following behind, headed to his room.

As soon as he left, Ahsoka felt a cold presence overtake her and she immediately frowned. She was not sure of the origin or what it was, was it just sadness that Anakin was leaving, was it worry that he may not be back for Padme, or that this last mission would go wrong?

Ahsoka soon heard a voice calling her name. "Ahsoka? Ahsoka? Are you okay?" Padme said as she waved a hand across the young girls face.

"Huh?" Ahsoka said as she blinked her eyes a few times. She looked up at a concerned Padme, "Yeah, I'm fine Padme."

"You zoned out there for a second, and Ani and Ben seemed to do the same. Is everything alright?"

Upon hearing that her babies had done the same, she became worried, but didn't allow it to show. She didn't want to alarm Padme. "Yeah I just spaced out for a second, and due to our connection through the force the babies must've felt my mind go blank for a second and got confused is all."

"Oh, okay. As long as you're alright," Padme responded with a smile.

"Yeah I'm alright thanks Padme. I think I'm going to take a nap though."

"Alright, well when you wake up if you need anything call for one of us."

"I will, thank you Padme." The older woman nodded as she left the room.

As soon as Padme had left and Ahsoka had given her a few seconds to walk away from the door, Ahsoka pulled out a com link Obi-Wan had given her a few days prior. She pressed the button and spoke into it, "Master Kenobi?"

"Ahsoka? Is that you?" A voice came back through the link.

"Yeah, it's me Master."

"Wonderful, I wasn't sure that it would work," the older man said with a chuckle.

"Yea it works just fine."

There was an awkward silence before Obi-Wan spoke. "I assume if you're calling, you felt it too?"

"Yeah, I did. As soon as Anakin said goodbye and left my room I felt it. At first I thought I was just sad or worried or whatever, but Padme told me my kids had zoned out too."

"Yes, all of us at the Temple felt it as well."

"What do you think it means?"

"I... don't know. All of us at the Temple are trying to figure it out and piece everything together. You said you felt it right as Anakin left your room?"

"Yeah. As soon as he was out of sight I felt it."

"Do you know if he felt it too?" Obi-Wan asked.

"I'm not sure, by the time I had come to from my trance and finished talking to Padme I assume he had already left. If he felt it he probably didn't think anything of it or he would've come back."

"Hmmm," Obi-Wan mused. "Well I'm really not sure what to make of this. I'll ask Anakin if he felt it when he gets back and I'll get back to you about any other developments. If you feel anything else call me as soon as you can."

"Yes Master."

"May the Force Be With You," Obi-Wan said.

"May the Force Be With You," Ahsoka replied. With that, the call ended and Ahsoka just sat there. She looked down at her babies sitting at the foot of the bed. They were just looking up at her with their big, curious eyes. They were probably as confused as she was, they had likely never felt something like this before.

Ahsoka scooped each of them up in one of her arms and looked at them, smiling. "It'll all be okay my babies. Soon you'll have a new friend, and we'll all be able to live together as a happy family in a galaxy at peace." Ben and Ani looked at her as if they had no clue what she said but they both seemed to smile.

Sorry for another short one guys, but hey, can you forgive me cuz I gave y'all the double update a few days ago?