Part 1

NOTE: This chapter is the exact same as the one in my one-shot collection.

Anakin raced back to camp, leaving his morning patrol early. He had received news that Ahsoka had fallen ill, and needed immediate medical attention. She had apparently awoken that morning and puked all over her tent, and currently had a very high fever and bad headache. Kix was currently caring for her, and even though he was the best in the business, Anakin still felt uneasy. The fact that she had fallen ill, in the middle of a mission no less, worried him.

Of course she had been sick before, but nothing to this extent, and almost never in the middle of a mission. Had they been on Coruscant, he wouldn't be as worried, as a quick trip to the Halls of Healing would cure her; however, it was different here. They were in the middle of a war-zone, with limited medication, and the Separatists could attack at any moment.

Anakin activated his comm. "Any updates Rex?" He asked frantically.

"Well she stopped throwing up, so that's probably good. Her fever is still high and she's just tossing and turning in the cot mumbling slurred gibberish." To Anakin, Rex seemed less calm than normal, but he wasn't sure if he was reading into the situation too much.

"Alright, thanks Rex. I'll be there soon." Realizing he was still about thirty minutes out, and his padawan needed him, Anakin pressed harder on the pedal of his speeder, urging it to go faster.

He soon saw the encampment come into view. Instead of slowing down the speeder and stopping it, he continued right on into the camp. Clones dove out of the way as Anakin came speeding through. Once he reached the medical tent, Anakin flipped off the speeder and used the force to stop it from crashing into anything. He quickly rushed into the tent to see Ahsoka lying on a cot, Kix and Rex standing next to her.

When they saw him, the two clones turned and saluted. "General," each of them greeted.

"At ease boys," Anakin said as the clones relaxed. Rex walked out of the tent, probably to inform the rest of the 501st on what was happening with their little sister. Anakin turned to Kix. "So, what's wrong with her?"

"I'm... I'm not really sure sir. It's nothing I've ever seen before. She woke up and threw up a couple times, then she said she had a fever and headache. We haven't really been able to get her to talk more than a few words that we're barely able to make out. I'm completely stumped."

Anakin walked over to his padawan and surveyed her body. She wasn't in her normal combat clothes, but rather a hospital gown, which probably made her cooler. He could see her shivering, but there were also beads of sweat rolling down her forehead. She currently looked to be asleep, so Anakin just grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze.

"What can you do?" Anakin said looking back up at Kix, but refusing to let go of Ahsoka's hand.

"Well so far I've managed to feed her some painkillers for the headache, but that's really all I've been able to get her to let me do. I want to give her an IV, but every time the needle pricks her skin, she pushes me away with the force before I can get it all the way in."

Anakin thought for a moment. "Alright Kix. Get the IV ready, and I'll try to stabilize her long enough to allow you to put it in." Kix nodded and grabbed the IV. "Alright. Three... two... one... now." Anakin said as he began to use the force to send soothing waves towards Ahsoka. He saw her face calm, and there was no reaction from her as the IV was inserted.

"That's amazing General. I certainly wish I could do that, would make my job a lot easier," Kix said with a chuckle. The two walked away from Ahsoka to discuss her condition further.

"Do you even have any idea what it could be?" Anakin asked.

Kix thought for a moment. "You said she just got back from Carlac, right?" Anakin nodded in response. "Maybe she caught something while she was there. The food or water could've been contaminated or something."