Part 5

After Anakin and Obi-Wan gave a brief introduction to what was going to happen, the group split up. Some went to help Rex carry supplies from their entry point back to the base, while others got the base prepared. This gave Ahsoka a chance to catch up with Lux.

"Lux, it's good to see you again." She wanted to talk about the pregnancy, but this was no the time seeing as they were surrounded by lots of people. She would wait until later when they were alone.

"It's good to see you too Ahsoka," he replied.

"I didn't realize you had such strong ties to Onderon."

"Onderon is my home. My mother represented it in the Senate."

"Your voice is strong, like hers was," Steela said butting in. Ahsoka shot her a quick side glance saying "fuck off", but she didn't seem to see it.

"Have you reconsidered joining the Republic Senate?" Ahsoka asked.

"Even if we do take back Onderon, it won't change how I feel. I'm not fighting for the Republic." Ahsoka looked down, dismayed. She had hoped he would change his mind after all of this, and join the Republic so they could spend more time together.

Ahsoka changed her demeanor quickly, however. She didn't want anyone to know her feelings, except of course Lux and Anakin. "Well, what matters now is, we need each other's help just like we did on Carlac.

"Carlac? What happened on Carlac?" Steela questioned. Ahsoka smiled a bit to herself, one because she was remembering what had happened there, and two because of how flustered Steela seemed to be at the mention of the planet and the two of them spending time together.

"Ahsoka is the reason I'm here and not with Death Watch," Lux said turning to face Ahsoka with a smile.

"Really?" Steela said crossing her arms.

"What he means is..." Ahsoka started before Lux cut her off.

"She saved me from a huge mistake." With that, Lux turned to smile at Ahsoka, a smile which she returned, and he walked off. Leaving the two females alone.

"Lux obviously thinks highly of you," Steela stated closing the gap between the two.

"I guess so," Ahsoka replied.

"Lets hope that respect is well founded," Steela said distastefully before walking off. Ahsoka watched her go and looked down shaking her head. She hadn't even known the girl for a day, but she already did not like her.

~~~

Once all the supplies had been brought back to the base, training began. The entire band of rebels, along with Ahsoka, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Rex stood standing around a Separatist Armored Assault Tank.

"The pilot in the front hatch controls the tank, the shells and the short range blasters. The commander in the top hatch controls the turret and the main cannon," Ahsoka explained. "You have to take out both chambers, otherwise the tank will remain operational."

Ahsoka turned and nodded at Rex who began the demonstration. He hopped onto the front hatch and opened it, tossing a droid popper inside. Next he swung up using the main cannon and tossed another popper inside the top hatch before dismounting from the vehicle. After a few moments, an electromagnetic pulse was sent through the ship, disabling it. The rebels looked on in shock at the display they had just seen.

"Everyone divide up into teams of two, and we'll practice an assault on both hatches." The rebels obeyed and fell into line. Saw and Lux were up first.

Lux shot a glance at Saw. "I'll take the top," he said confidently.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes and scoffed at his arrogance. "Showoff," she muttered under her breath.