im gonna miss you

"Hey (name)?" Mark asked as the two of you looked up to the sky on your yard

"Hm?"

"I'm.. I'm moving tomorrow.." Mark replied softly, his arms around his legs, and his head laying on his knees.

"I know." You replied back.

"My mom told me, and you're mom told her."

They stayed silent for a bit because of the tension.

You kept having these thoughts in your head.

Why didn't he tell me sooner?

Why is he moving?

Where is he moving to?

Will we still stay in touch?

Will we still be able to talk?

Will he.. miss me?

"I didn't tell you earlier because I didn't want to actually say goodbye to you.. You've been such an amazing person to me, you've done nothing but care and support me, I just wanted to believe that it wasn't actually happening." Mark sighed.

"D-Did your mom say where you guys were going?" You didn't mean to hiccup your first word. It's just really hard trying to talk while trying to hold in tears.

"California."

California? That's so far.. You couldn't even visit him because you'd be stuck here, in Florida..

You couldn't help it anymore, you felt slight tears fall down your face. You copied Mark's pose, your arms around your legs and your head stuffed to your knees.

"Please don't cry."

God why did he have to say that? You started to cry a little more, the jeans you wore were starting to feel soaked.

You felt arms hold you from the back.

You wanted to say the 3 words so bad at that moment.