unfamiliar faces

We got off the plane, finally! It wasn't that bad, I'd say it lasted about 5 hours? Give or take

We got off the plane, finally! It wasn't that bad, I'd say it lasted about 5 hours? Give or take. My parents and I took out the luggage from the top compartments and headed inside the airport.

It was night already since it was mid day when we left when we were still in Florida. My mom told us that we needed to go to the front since someone's picking us up, an old friend she said. We passed through the gates and finally saw the exit. There were a lot of people waiting, not a surprise since its an airport of course.

"Maya! Oh my gosh long time no see!" My mom somewhat yelled as she let go of all her bags and an and hugged another women.

"Oh. My. Gosh. Lisa I've missed you! How long has it been? Like two years?!"

The two babbled till a couple of minutes later.

"Maya come meet, or re-meet my son! I suppose you haven't forgotten my dear (name) right?"

My mom pulled her friend over to me and put all focus on me

"You've grown so much (name)! I remember you being just at the height of my neck and now you're taller than me! You're not the only one either!" She laughed a bit.

I looked at my mom, confused a bit cause she doesn't look that familiar.

"Oh hun her full name is Maya Anderson!" I was still kind of confused, the last name Anderson was a common last name too.

"Maybe you'll remember if I say her son's name."

Her son?

"Oh Mark! Come here and say hi to your best friend (name)!" I saw my friend's mom wave to someone behind her.

A guy with a black hood on, a black mask, and some glasses started approaching us.

"Oh take off the mask and glasses Mark! I doubt anyone will notice you here." My mom's friend lightly scolded.

"But mom-"

"Atleast for a minute or so."

The guy sighed. He pulled down his hood, pulled down his mask, and lifted his glasses.

I know a Mark, we haven't talked in a while. This couldn't be Mark right? This guy is so much taller.. My Mark was only slightly taller than me.. My Mark didn't have to cover his face in Public?..

"O-Oh.. H-Hi (name).." The voice was deep.

"Uh, hi there?.." I was confused, very confused.

He did not look like Mark at all.

The ride to their place was silent. My mom sat upfront with her friend while my dad, Mark, and I sat at the back.

Mark looked super uncomfortable, he was a 6'6 gianr after all.

I think I was staring a bit too much when he pulled his body away from my side.

"Sorry, I just don't think I remember you." I confessed. It was a lie, of course this was Mark if his mother's maiden name was Anderson.

"Its alright.." He shyly responded back.

And this dude was glued to his phone.. A bit of an addict much?

He giggled a bit here and there when scrolling through what looked like Twitter, then- wait is that discord??

God is this guy an incel??