Blight Betrayal part 2

The manor was enormous! Tall ceilings, long fancy hallways, and candles lit up the whole place. Luz looked around in awe as Alador stood beside her.

"You wait here. I'll fetch my daughter for you." Luz nodded and watched Mr. Blight walk off. Two minutes later, Amity was walking slowly beside her father over to Luz. Amity was wearing her grom dress.

"Hey Amity!" said Luz excitedly shooting finger guns at her. "H-hi Luz." Amity gave a small wave but stood very still. 'Something was clearly off' thought Luz.

Alador nodded and cleared his throat. Amity flinched and quickly turned to face her father. Luz looked up at him as well. He gave an approving smile and gestured to follow him. "This way children."

Luz and Amity walked side by side. Amity was a blushing mess. "Hey you ok?" whispered Luz. "Y-yeah. Great actually. I haven't seen my father smile like that in a long time. I think he likes you."
Luz smiled again as they continued to walk to the dining room.

The three of them walked in to see Emira and Edric standing together. Both were also dressed in their grom outfit.

They stood still and looked pretty emotionless. In fact it felt like the whole room wasn't happy. Mrs. Blight was finishing analyzing the table.

"Dear, our guest is here." said Alador. Finally, she turned around. Her face looked cruel and unwelcoming.
She looked Luz up and down coldly, until suddenly, her eye brows rose and she put on a creepy fake smile. Luz found it very disturbing.

"Greetings human." said Odalia doing a small curtsy. "Now, let us eat."

All the Blights ate their dinner sitting with excellent posture, and took small bites of their food at a time. Luz took note and did the same.
Other than the sounds of clinking spoons and forks, the table was silent and no conversation was to be heard. Odalia broke the silence.

"So human, I mean, Luz. What track are you in at Hexside?" "Oh, well actually I study al-" "Potions!" Amity blurted out. "Luz is in the potions track."
Odalia shot a cold glare at Amity. Her eyes silently telling her she was out of line.
"Potions. Fine thing to study." said Alador. "Hehe yeah." said Luz.

As the evening went on, Mr. well Mrs. Blight, bombarded Luz with questions. Because of Amity's out burst earlier, Luz knew she had to be careful with how she responded.
Luz noticed the twins haven't said a single word the whole evening. It felt like the two outgoing, mischievous pair she knew, didn't exist anymore. Something was definitely up with this family.

"Luz." "Wah! Oh, y-yes Ma'am?" "I asked, who do you stay with during your time here on The Boiling Isles?"