Chapter 1: The breakup

Akaashi's POV

"Y/n le-let's break up."

I told her, I stuttered. Why would I stutter?

"I figured hahahaha" She replied with a fake laugh.

"I'm sorry y/n, it's just that I fell out of love and... Bokuto was right there beside me." I replied, but she didn't answer, she's just standing there facing me but not looking at my eyes. I felt nervous.

"Y/n." I spoke breaking out the silence.

"Since when?" She asked with a small smile in her face

"Last month." 

She's crying. HA! Shouldn't have I predicted this?

"Why didn't you tell me? You should've just told me? I would've let you go. You know I'm not that type of person."

I don't know what to say. I was speechless......

"Akaashi. Akaashi. AKAASHI!!!" She shouted, taking me back to reality

"I didn't wanna ruin our relationship, our friendship. I didn't want to hurt you."

I explained firmly.

"Really? Huh? But you did ruin it and you did hurt me? So what are you going to do now? Should I get you a cab, to take you home to Bokuto? Hahaha. Well I've teased you guys but you took it seriously huh? hahaha sorry.                                                                                                                                     Well I'm happy for you guys. Stay strong. Don't let go of him. Don't cheat on him, hahah, tell him that you love him and tell him if you're falling out of love. I wish you guys a good relationship."

She said while smiling and tears still streaming down her face, and her eyes are really telling me that she is serious with what she said and that she is.... sad.

"Y/n" I spoke in disbelief", I didn't expect her to act like this, I thought she would make a fuss, I thought she would be mad at me, but it's coming to me like she understands me and is just letting me free.

"Haha. I guess this is where we part our ways, I think it's better for us to be strangers. My years with you was really worth it. Thank you because you became my boyfriend. Thank you for being with me. Thank you because in that 8 years, I was the happiest person on earth.... I think this is where it stops." She said while sobbing but with a smile on her face.

She always has a smile on her face. I know that she's hiding all her emotions right now and I know that because we were childhood friends. God knows what we had felt with each other, but I just fell out of love and then.... Bokuto.

"Goodbye Akaashi" she added

"Goodbye y/n, thank you for understanding." I told her and tears slid down my face.

I walked away, then it suddenly rained I once again looked at y/n and she was just looking back at me with sad eyes, I rode my car, and drove away going home to.... Him.