Chapter 10: Comfort Zone

Okay, please don't hate me😔. I'm really sorry I know this chapter is long overdue. There are no excuses for my laziness. Alright I'll stop talking and get to the story. I love you guys!!😍😍😘

Ana's P.O.V

All my life I have been a goodie two shoes. I always did what I was supposed to do, I never went on a date, I never even kissed a guy. And look where that's gotten me running through the forest butt naked in broad daylight. Well at least there isn't anyone outside yet.

As I round the corner the old creepy guy from down the street is sitting on his patio drinking beer. He already has a scattered collection of empty beer cans littering the ground near his feet. I guess it's never to early for him to get drunk.

I take this all in as I stop dead in my tracks hoping that I could somehow blend into my surroundings. His eyes immediately shift to where I'm standing. Are. You. Kidding. Me.

My skin wants to crawl off my body as his eyes takes me in appreciatively. His whistling snaps me back to reality. He saying something, but I was to busy running away. I can feel me butt jiggling as I'm running. Moon Goddess, I wished the ground would open up and save me from the embarrassment of this situation.

I take the stairs two at a time, and slam the door behind me. Once I'm in the safety of my house I can finally relax. The house is silent, so I guess my mom is still sleeping. I quietly tip toe up the steps making sure not to wake anybody.

After I've closed my door I immediately go into the bathroom to take a shower. I'm so grateful for having a bathroom connected to my room. First I began the tricky task of pulling out all the thorns out of my foot. I scrub all the dirt off of my face and body. Then wash my hair three times to make sure I get all of the twigs out of it. Once I'm satisfied I'm clean I get out, throw on some sweats, and collapse gracefully onto my bed.

I still can't believe Liam Donavan is my mate. Childhood best and only friend, crush, and most of all heartbreaker. I've done everything right. Even Brian a human mate would have been better than Liam. At least he didn't abandon me when I was a kid with no explanation.

Half of me is yearning to be with him and the other half wants nothing to do with him ever again. It's time to make a change. No long am I going to be the girl how who you stop talking to when you're bored. No, I'll have Liam begging to be with me. And then I'll...reject him! I hate how hard that was to say that.

A little voice in the back of my head whispers "You know you won't."

I wake up the next morning with a new sense of determination. I'm going to walk into school tomorrow as a whole new person. My outfits usually consist of skinny jeans and band t-shirts, so it takes me a while to find something to wear.

Finally in the very back of my closet I find a navy blue uniform skirt my mom bought me in middle school. I've gained a few pounds and grown a couple inches since then so, it looks like one of those belts those skanky cheerleaders try to pass off as clothes, perfect. I can't find a top to fit the look so I go to my moms room.

"Hey mom can I borrow one of yours shirts."

"Sure thing honey, do you need to do laundry?"

"No I just wanna dress nice, today."

"Someone wanna look good for their mate, huh?" She teases me, but I can tell she is dying to find out who he is.

"No, and it's Liam," I say bitterly

"Aha! I knew there was something about that boy. What did I tell you?"

I try to act happy for my mom's sake. She doesn't need to know the catastrophe that is my life. "Yeah I guess you were right."

"Hey cheer up. It was meant to be this way." I never said I was good at it.

"Yeah I guess you're right," I lie again.

Looking through my mom's clothe I find her "online dating clothes." They consist of very interesting outfits, but I decide to stay safe with a tight white tank top. I also borrow my moms fishtail stockings and thigh high socks because don't want the wind to blow and my goodies to be on display for the school to see. For the first time ever I put on makeup for school. Nothing big, just a little mascara and lip gloss, but still that's an accomplishment for me. I let my hair down instead of in it's normal ponytail after blow drying it. This is about the most effort I've put into my appearance in forever! I quickly run out the house before I change my mind.

I decide to skip the bus today I know Brian is going to question me, and I don't feel like lying to him yet. Instead I walk the ten blocks. It'll give me time to prepare myself and it's good exercise.

I'm a little late arriving at school. As I'm pulling open the double doors, everything goes silent. People stop mid step and stare. The only sound heard is the click of my boots against the marble floors. Then as soon as I turn the corner I hear the chatting start up again. Wow, that was weird.

The late bell rings and I hurry up to the second floor for Math class. When I get there everyone has already taken there seats. Again everyone gets quiet. I look over at the teacher and he is staring at me strangely too. "I'm sorry I'm late Mr.Rothman," I mutter and scurry to my desk.

"I wasn't informed we have a new student. What is your name dear?"

I stare blankly at him, dumb founded. I don't look that different, do I? "I um, my name is Anastasia .... sir, I've been your class since September." He seems surprised by this and apologizes. I tell him it's okay and he continues on the lesson. Meanwhile, I can feel the eyes staring holes into the side of my face, but I refuse to look back. I sigh it's going to be a long day.

Come lunchtime the majority of the staring has receded, but people are still acting weirdly around me. I quickly pay for my lunch and asses the cafeteria. In my school people seat with the group there in. You have the nerds, the weirdos, the populars, the werewolves, etc. I never fit into any of those categories. My grades are too low to be a nerd. I'm too normal to be a weirdo, I'm not cool enough to be popular, and since I'm only half werewolf, and I've raised without a pack I don't fit in with the werewolves. That usually leaves me with Brian.

Before I can make my way over to our table the popular girls stop in front of me, blocking my path. They start talking in hushed voices, as though that stops me from hearing them.

"She's really pretty," the short one with red hair and big boobs says.

"I know, but I don't know if she has the right attitude," says the one with dark features and a great figure.

"Yeah, but we can work on that," say the extremely tall blonde in the middle. Then she addresses me. She must be the ring leader.

"Hi my name is Britney, these are my friends Jade and Tracey. You must be Ana. Everyone keeps talking about you today. We were just wondering if you'd like to sit with us today, and talk about you know girl stuff." She looks over at her friends and as if on que they all started laughing at once.

"Sure," I mutter warily. This could actually be a good opportunity for me to step out of my comfort zone.