Chapter 9: Luna

I'm so sorry I made you guys wait for this part. I had actually written it last week. It was like twelve pages and absolutely perfect but I accidentally deleted it and I was depressed for a while. This is attempt number 2. Oh and fair warning there may or may not be a passionate make out session toward the end of this chapter 😉😚😳.

Ana's P.O.V

I wait and I wait for someone to come. At this point I don't care who my mate is. It could be the old creepy guy from down the block that always stares at my butt, for all I care. I just need someone there. I'm pretty sure 99% of the people who shift without their mates die in the process.

I'm pacing back and forth in the living room staring at the clock. I'm hoping that if I stare at it long enough the time will magically slow down. Then it hits 11:30 and at this point I stop looking at the clock because the time isn't slowing down and it's only making my anxiety worse.

I sigh and slump down into my couch. I'm eyes drift toward the darkness outside and I feel the need to get out of the house. I decide that a walk might calm my nerves a little.

I find myself in the isolation of the woods with no recollection of how or why I got here, but my feet keep moving me deeper and deeper into the direction of the unknown.

It's completely dark the light from the moon is hidden beneath the sea of trees. I stop only when I'm standing in a place where there is a gap between the trees, allowing a ray of light to shine down around me. I am mesmerized by the beauty of it. It's almost as if within the depths holds the key to everything I've ever wanted.

I am snapped out of my reverie when I feel a stabbing pain engulf my lower leg. I drop to my knees as the pain slowly travels throughout my entire body. My screams overshadow the deafening sounds of my bones breaking as my body contorting in odd angles. My clothes are stretching and tearing apart at the seams. I call out for someone anyone to help me, but they never do and eventually I give up hope.

Then all at once my pain disappears. My eyes immediately open in surprise and there sits the most gorgeous creature I've ever laid my eyes on. He is glowing so brightly that I want to look away, but I can't. He has impossible light blue eyes that stand out against his jet black hair. My eyes travel down to his bare chest, his impressive six pack, his muscular biceps, and then his hands that are clutching me tightly. His touch sends chills of euphoria racing through my body. I blink twice in confusion and come up with the only explanation I can possibly think of at this moment.

"Am I in heaven?"

Liam's P.O.V

"Am I in heaven," was the first thing that Ana asks me.

I almost laughed at the ridiculousness of the question. There is no way I would let my Ana die, especially before I had the chance to finally be with her. However, when her eyes drift closed I immediately lose all the humor I once possessed. Before I have the chance to worry she is on her feet and by her I don't mean Ana. In her place is a white wolf who's fur is camouflaged by the moon. Her gray eyes fill me with a feeling I cannot describe. I've never seen a wolf in all my days as captivating as herself. She looks like a leader. She looks like a Luna. She looks like my Luna.

She slowly advances toward me, but I am momentarily paralyzed. She's so close now that I can feel her breath on my face. Then she licks me and I don't mean my cheek or nose, I mean my whole face and I don't find myself hating it. It was actually quite endearing and I chuckle at the absurdity of it all.

I'm suddenly over come with the urge to shift. I haven't allowed myself to acknowledge that side of me in a long time and I let James take over.

Jame's P.O.V

Vanessa, her name is Vanessa. Moon Goddess I've waited for her forever. Now that I've got her I'm not letting Liam screw this thing up for me again.

You see we don't think like humans do. We don't complicate everything. It's pretty straight forward. Mine or yours, peace or war, love or hate. And Vanessa is mine, period.

Vanessa and I spend the rest of the night together. We chase each other, we wrestle, we howl at the moon and talk telepathically. The sun comes up too soon and we reluctantly shift.

Ana's P.O.V

I'm surprised when I feel a pang of disappointment at having to leave our little world. What started out as a disaster turned out to be the best day of my life. I'd stay here forever if I could.

I don't remember much from before I shifted last night except for my mate's shockingly blue eyes. I barely register the fact that I'm naked as I wrap my arms around my mate covering most of my private parts and say," Thank you for saving me last night."

Before I have the chance to second guess myself I press my lips to his in what was supposed to be a goodbye kiss. Fire instantly travels through my veins. I forget everything in that moment, except for the feel of his strong arms
around me, making me feel safe. Breathing is the least of my concerns at the moment I need him more than I need air in my lungs. I don't know how long we stay like that. It could be seconds, minutes, or even hours. We finally pull away breathless and I stare into his magical blues eyes. This time the eyes come with a memory.

"Liam," I asked but I didn't need an answer the look on his face told me everything I needed to know, shattering any hope that I had of being wrong. A million emotions flooded my system at once and I'd like to tell you that they were all negative. If I were being honest with myself though, they weren't. Somewhere deep down inside I was relieved. This only proved to make my anger and resentment worse and suddenly it felt like the trees surrounding me were closing in and I had to get away, fast.

Without thinking I ran toward the direction I came from, but not before I saw the hurt look on Liam's face. I didn't know whether or not I was going in the right direction, but I kept going nude and all.