The Day We Met

Bianca's POV

Everyday is just like the one before - wake up, go to school, go to work, go to sleep - I swear my life can't get any more boring. 'Beep, Beep'. The sound of a car honking pulled me from my thoughts, it's Sofia. She always drives me to school because she hates that I have to walk but thats why she's my best friend, she's always thinking of me.

"Bye mom, have a good day, I love you." I say as I walk out the door. My mom is disabled and can't walk so I have to do everything - cook, clean, make money to pay bills - sometimes I wish my dad was still here so he could help but he didn't want to deal with my moms disability.

"Girl, what took you so long?" Sofia yelled at me as soon as I sat in the car. "Sorry, I woke up late. I was at work until 1am yesterday." I have to work two jobs to keep up with the bills, so I work in the emergency room and at a club, which thankfully they both pay well.

Arriving at school we walk together to chemistry. It's definitely not our favourite class so thank god we have it together, I think I would die if I had to do this alone. After chem though we have nothing together which really sucks. Sofia once tried to bribe the office to put us in the same classes but they declined all her offers. 

The day goes by like every other and I only have one more class left, biology. I can't lie, it's quite literally my favourite class so I don't mind being alone, god knows Sofia would only distract me. 

After about half an hour in I noticed men in suits sitting in seats scattered all over the room. I haven't seen them before and they were looking everywhere but the teacher. Maybe they were new? As I was looking at one of them, we locked eyes so I quickly looked away, but out of the corner of my eye I noticed him call someone. I brushed it off and just went on with class. 

When class finally finished I looked at my phone to see 3 missed messages from Sofia.

Hey B, I can't drive you home today.

Family emergency.

I promise I'll make it up to you :). 

I didn't mind, I kinda like walking home. It's the only time I really get to relax and just do nothing. Everything was fine until I got this feeling like someone was watching me. I quickly turn around to see if I can catch anyone but no one was there. 

Stop over thinking Bianca, no one is there. 

After a few minutes I felt eyes on me again and then heard someone cat call me. I didn't turn around I just walked faster hoping that whoever it was would just go away, but a strong hand grabbed my arm turning me around to face them.

"Where do you think you're going sweetness?" The man asked me. I was so scared I couldn't even talk, my mouth was just opening and closing like a fish. Suddenly a sharp pain spread across my face as I realized he just slapped me. "Answer me when I'm talking to you!" The man spat at me.

As soon as he said those words I saw three men walk around the corner and stopped in their tracks looking at us. They all had dark hair and looked to be related, and all wore black dress pants and a white button up shirt that hugs their muscles very well. I would be lying to myself if I didn't think any of those three men were attractive. They looked at each other as if debating to help me or not and thankfully they decided to help and walked our way.

"Hey! Is there a problem here?" One man said. The man holding me turned to face him and a smile appeared on his face. I swear the look the three boys gave him would kill him if looks could kill. "You boys should mind your own business. Me and my baby girl just had a disagreement." He looked at me as if saying to agree with his words. The three boys looked at me waiting for my response, but I was so scared I still couldn't talk, instead my eyes just started to tear up.

They all looked back at the man holding me like they were going to kill him. "Then why does she look scared Daniel? Sweetheart, do you know this man? Be honest, he won't hurt you. I promise." Daniel? They knew each other? I still couldn't talk so I just shook my head and in an instant all three men pulled guns on him. Daniel. I flinched so hard at their movement I swear I might have pissed my pants. The three noticed and gave me apologetic looks. Why the hell did they have guns on them?

Daniel let me go and put his hands up slowly showing them that he was unarmed. "Come on guys, you can't blame me for wanting to bring a sexy woman like that home." I felt subconscious after he made that comment. "Shut the fuck up Daniel or I swear to god I'll kill you!" one of the men yelled. He really did look like he was about to kill him but another man put his hand on his shoulder. "We can't kill him. It'll break the contract and start a war."

What contract and did he just say start a war? What the hell are the talking about?! Daniel smiled at them like he won when they lowered their guns. "That's what I thought. I'll just take my girl and leave." He started to grab my hand when another man came out of nowhere and pushed me behind him. Where are these people coming from? This man was tall compared to me, he basically towered over me. His hair was black, long and slicked back. He was also in a suit, and it looked hella expensive might I add. His booming voice dragged me out of my thoughts.

"You will leave her alone or I will kill you right here right now, screw the contract." The new man said, his voice was deep and full of anger. Daniel's face instantly turned to fear, he tried to hide it but failed miserably. "Fine." Daniel said before walking off "I'll see you again baby girl." he finished as he got into his car and drove off.

I started walking away just wanting to go home and see my mom when someone grabs my wrist again, this time I fought back because now I was out numbered and they could easily take me if they wanted. "Hey! Let go of me!" His grip loosened but didn't let go. "Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to make sure you're ok." The new man said. His voice was so deep and calming now that I somehow calmed down and relaxed, I wasn't scared anymore. 

"I'm fine. He slapped me but I'll live." I noticed his hands ball into a fist and watched as his knuckles turned white. "Where do you live?" He asked. What did he just ask me? "Excuse me? Why do you need to know that?" I stepped back from him. 

He put his hands up showing me he didn't want to hurt me. "Calm down, I just want to drive you home to make sure you're safe." I felt bad, maybe I just overreacted, he just wants to help me out. I noticed the boys behind him look at each other in shock and mouthed 'drive her?' like he's never offered that to anyone before. 

I gave him my address as he walked me to two Ferrari's, we got into one and the three boys got into the other. What do these guys do to afford 2 Ferrari's? The ride was so quiet I just sat there admiring the car. I looked out the window and saw that the three boys followed close behind us. I didn't even realize I got lost in thought until the passenger door opened and a hand reached out to help me. "This is my number, don't hesitate to call me if you need anything or feel in danger." He said handing me a card. He hadn't even told me his name or the names of the other three men for that matter.

"Thanks. Could I get your name?" I don't know why but I was kinda nervous to ask. All he did was look at me shocked as if I'm supposed to know who he is. I raised my eyebrow back at him waiting for him to answer.

"Giancarlo Bartolo" He said reaching his hand out. 

"Bianca Romano" I replied shaking his hand.