To the Good and the Bad

We made our way inside for a surprise brunch. There was a bunch of balloons and streamers everywhere. Different types of breakfast foods were on display throughout the dining room, along with an omelet station in one corner. 

Then, the ear piercing scream of the one and only Sofia rang through the house causing me to turn around. We instantly ran to each other and fell into a tight hug. "I missed you so fucking much B." Sofia wined in my ear. 

"I've missed you too Sof. Were you in on this?" I asked pulling away from the hug. "Duhh! You think any of this could have happened without me?" I laughed at her comment, and walked back to the table. 

"Say a speech, Bianca!!" The boys cheered, making me laugh. The room went quiet as everyone waited for me to say something.

"Umm, well I'm very surprised right now" I awkwardly laugh. "I never really thought something like this would happen to me. I feel so lucky to have found a family like you, who have gotten me through so many tough times. I couldn't be more grateful. Giancarlo, I love you so so much. I never thought I could win your parents over by being able to kick your ass." Everyone laughed at that comment as memories of the day I kicked his ass filled my memory. 

"I can't wait to start an amazing like with you. I couldn't imagine doing it with anyone else. I love you." I finished off. Everyone cheered as Giancarlo made his way to me. 

"I love you so much tesoro." He said while caressing my face, before kissing me. 

The rest of the day went on and it was better than I ever imagined. All the food was amazing, everyone was laughing having a good time, and finally, for the first time in my life I can see a happy future. 

After all the eating and games, Enzo, Dante, and Tony walked in with piles of gifts. Giancarlo and I looked at each other and he just shrugged at me. 

"Okok, Bianca open my gift first. It's the box with unicorns on it." Lizzy jumped excitedly. I ripped open the box and found a tiara she gave me the first day we met and played together, and underneath it was a drawing. Me and Giancarlo were standing next together with a baby in each hand. 

It brought a tear to me eye. "Thanks Lizzy! It's beautiful." I thanked and hugged her before showing Giancarlo the drawing. He looked at me and put a hand on my leg for reassurance. 

Gift after gift everything got more expensive. Tony, Enzo, and Dante gave Giancarlo and I a custom private jet, Rocco and Maria gave me a brand new Range Rover and gave Giancarlo a Ferrari. And Sofia got me a prada purse and Fendi sunglasses, and gave Giancarlo two new Rolex watches. 

I was shocked at how much we got. None of these were cheep. "You guys really did too much." I commented after opening all the gifts. "Oh honey please. It was nothing at all." Maria scoffed like it was no big deal. 

The rest of the day was just as magical, I just wished my mom could be here to see it. She would have loved Giancarlo and his family. Giancarlo grabbed my hand, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Everything ok, tesoro?" He asked. "Yeah, I just wish my mom could be here." I replied looking down, fighting the tears threatening to fall. 

He caressed my hand with his thumb. "Do you want to go visit her?" He asked. It has been a while since I visited her grave. I nodded in response, and we made our way to the car. 

We watched the sun set as we sat at her grave, remembering all the fun and happy moment we had together. Pizza and ice cream nights. At home spa days. Movie marathons. Prom dress shopping. 

"Hey, my beautiful fiance is not allowed to be sad the day she gets engaged." Giancarlo joked as he pulled me closer to him. "I'm not sad, I'm just remembering good times with my mom." I replied, looking up at him with a smile. 

"Can I ask you something?" He asks after a moment of silence. "Anything." I replied. He took a deep breath before starting "I know how much you want kids, so, I promise to try everything we can so you can carry them just like you want." I look at him a bit confused. 

"I know it's going to be hard," He continued, "but I'm willing to go through it if you are." I couldn't help the smile on my face, but then the hard truth hit me. "But it's a 15% chance. What if it never works?" 

"Then at least we could say we tried and we know we did everything we could." He replied caressing his thumb on my cheek. I smile as I lean into his touch. "Ok." I replied "I'm willing to try." He smiled and places a soft but passionate kiss on my lips. 

"You are my life now, I will do anything to make sure you're happy and safe." He said before planting a kiss on my forehead.