The Worst Day Of My Life

Giancarlo's POV

I watched as Bianca and Sofia left the room fo some reason. My brothers and I gave each other a confused look. "What the hell is that about?" Enzo asked. "I don't know man. Girls are confusing." Tony replied getting up to get changed. 

After what felt like an hour Bianca and Sofia finally came to the pool. Sofia was in a black two piece bathing suit and Bianca was just in some shorts and a white oversized t-shirt. "Cannon ball!" Sofia yelled as she jumped into the pool making everyone laugh. 

I watched as Bianca just sat at the edge on the pool only putting her feet in. She looked like she was deep in thought. "Hey, is everything ok?" I ask from inside the pool. She snapped out of her thinking and looked at me. "Yeah, everything's fine. Why?" She's a terrible lier. 

"Why don't you want to swim with us?" She looked down at her hands like she didn't want to answer my question. "Hey? You could talk to me, you know that right?" She nodded in response. "I-I'm scared of the water." She admitted in a whisper, I almost didn't hear her. She looked ashamed at her reasonings, but I knew there was more to the story.

"It's ok Bianca. It's clear that there is more to the story but you can tell me when you're ready." She smiled and mouthed a thank you. 

"Hey love birds! Come join us!" Enzo yelled from the other side of the pool. "Go have fun with your family. I'll watch." She lightly pushed my shoulder as she got up to sit on a chair. I wish there was something more I could do for her. I could tell she's dreading tomorrow, I hate seeing her like this.

Bianca's POV

Watching everyone play Marco Polo in the pool made me happy, but I couldn't push the feeling of sadness that keeps reminding me that I'll be burying my mom tomorrow. My mom was the only family I had left and now she's gone. And on top of that I need to live with a bunch of Mafia killers because another Mafia killer is after me. What has my life come to?

A stray tear fell from my eye but I quickly whipped it away before anyone could notice. I felt tired so I went inside to the living room and lay down on the couch. Before I knew it, darkness quickly consumed me and I fell asleep.

--------------------------

The next morning I woke up to someone shaking me. "I'm up, I'm up, whats wrong?" My eyes still trying to adjust to the light. "Good morning sleepy head." Sofia's sleepy voice sang. My eyes adjusted and I realized that I wasn't in the living room anymore and I did not hide the confused look I gave Sofia. "Your in my room. Giancarlo didn't like that you were sleeping on the couch and was going to bring you to his room but I told him that I would kill him in his sleep if he did." She smiled at me proud of herself and I couldn't help the laugh escape from my lips.

"Come on. You have to get ready for the funeral. I picked out a dress for you to wear." She said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me off the bed. I quickly took a shower and did some light makeup; concealer, blush, mascara, and let my hair air dry. The dress Sofia picked out for me was laying on the bed and let me tell you, this dress was stunning. 

It was black with thin straps, it showed some cleavage but nothing over the top, the dress stopped just bellow my knees and it felt like it was make out of silk. I paired it with some black pumps and purse. My mom deserves the world so the least I could do is dress nice for her. 

"Hey B are you- wow you look amazing!" Sofia exclaimed as she walked in

"Hey B are you- wow you look amazing!" Sofia exclaimed as she walked in. "Thanks! So do you Sof." She wore a black pant suit with a very low v-neck and black pumps just like mine and her hair was in a low messy bun. She really did look stunning. "Come on, everyone is waiting." She grabbed my hand and led me down the stairs.

The boys were all in fancy suits and the smell of their cologne filled the house. "Damn boys, why so much cologne? I'm gonna pass out." Sofia sassed at them. They all looked at us walk down the stairs and I instantly felt self conscious. 

"Why are they looking at us like that?" I whispered to Sofia. "They aren't looking at us, they're looking at you." She smiled to me. As we got to the bottom of the stairs they all offered me a hand on the last step completely ignoring Sofia being right next to me. "Can you guys back away from her. She's clearly already holding my hand." Sofia said waving our joined hands around. 

The four boys moved out of the way as Sofia led me to the front door. "Sof, you didn't have to be so rude." She gave me a look like she didn't care. "Girl, when they saw you they completely forgot I existed, I have a right to be rude." She rolled her eyes.

"Are you girls just gonna stand at the door or are we gonna go?" Enzo asked sounding a little jealous. Sof rolled her eyes at him and opened the door leading me to the limo. "You guys really didn't have to get a limo, this is too much." I looked at Giancarlo. "Trust me it was nothing at all." He smiled back at me.

I didn't want an entire ceremony, so we just headed straight to her burial cite. We weren't even out of the car yet and I could already feel the tears threatening to fall from my eyes. The door beside me opened with a hand that offered to help me out. I knew if was Giancarlo's from the many gold rings he had on his fingers, but I took it anyways.

He never let go of my hand as we walked to my moms head stone. Seeing my mom laying lifelessly in that casket just opened the flood gates and I could no longer control my tears. I felt Sofia grab my available arm as she whispered sweet nothings into my ear. I felt Giancarlo's grip on my hand tighten causing me to look up at him, he was already staring at me. "It's going to be ok, Bianca." He whispered to me.

My mom was everything to me. My rock, my protector, my purpose, my life. And now she's gone, forever. I'm never going to hear her say she loves me anymore. I'm never going to feel her warm hugs when I'm sad. I felt my legs get weak and I fell to my knees. I put my head in my hands and broke down even more. 

I felt Sofia go on her knees and pull me into a hug. Soon I felt one of the boys hug me, and then the rest. They barely knew me and I barely knew them and yet, they feel like family to me. After a couple minutes we all got back up because it was time to put my mother in the ground. 

I watched as the machine slowly lowered the casket into the hole until it got to the bottom. The workers offered me a shovel to put the first bit of dirt in the hole and I did. I quickly handed the shovel back and walked to the car because I knew that If I stayed to watch it all I would never come back from the sadness. 

Everyone else followed and we drove home without anyone saying one word.