Let's Go Home

Giancarlo never left my side for the last couple of days, despite what we were told. He helped me with everything and so did Sofia. I'm getting discharged today and honestly, thank god. I was so sick of the of the hospital food and tubes sticking out of my arms. 

The pain and bruising went down significantly, but the pain of the memory was still there. It replays in my head everytime I close me eyes. I feel bad for Giancarlo the most though, he hasn't been able to sleep properly for weeks and it's worse now that I'm awake. I constantly wake up in the middle of the night crying because of the nightmares.

Each time he wouldn't hesitate to comfort me and tell me everything will be ok. I honestly don't deserve him. 

"How are you feeling?" he asked, pulling me from my thoughts. I looked over to him and was greeted with a concerned look. I threw him a smile to reassure him.

"I'm better now. I can't wait to go home." I whined. A small laugh left his lips as he walked over to me. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it gently. "I love you." I whispered to him. I don't know what I would do without him. 

"I love you." He answered back, kissing my forehead. A knock on the door pulled us from our moment, which clearly upset Giancarlo. 

"Bianca, I've looked at the final tests and everything is good for you to go home. Don't do anything strenuous for at least one week but try to go on short walks to keep your body moving." The doctor said as he walked in. 

"You should heal perfectly in a couple weeks. I have some pain medication if you need it, don't take it if you don't need it, it's very strong. That being said, you are free to go, have a good day." He left the bottle of medication on the table and walked out. 

I looked to Giancarlo who was already smiling at me. "Let's get you out of here." He said as he grabbed my hand to help me up.  

The car ride home was very quiet, but it wasn't awkward. We were enjoying the silence and the nature as it whizzed by us. It felt good to finally be out of that hell hole and breath in fresh air again. 

We pulled into the driveway and everyone outside smiled at me. It was good to see everyone again after so long. The moment I walked through the door I was engulfed in hugs by Tony, Enzo, and Dante. 

"Ok guys. I missed you too but I'm still in pain." I laughed a bit and they instantly let go, spewing apologies. They all helped me up the stairs to Giancarlo's room which didn't amuse Giancarlo too much but at the moment the boys didn't care. 

"Are you sure your ok?" "Yeah, are you sure you don't need anything? Pain meds? Extra blankets? Food?" Dante and Tony asked. "Would you two calm down I'm completely fine. If I need anything I'll call you." I answered back, starting to get a bit claustrophobic with their over protectiveness. 

With that they left the room except Giancarlo. He cuddled in bed with me running his hand through my hair. I missed this. Just us, enjoying each others company without any distractions. 

"Can I ask you something?" Giancarlo broke the silence. I nodded in response for him to continue. "Did you want children?" I knew this question was going to come up sooner or latter. 

I slowly adjusted myself before answering. "Of course. Ever since I was a little girl I've wanted children. Three, to be exact." I started, tears already forming in my eyes. "I wanted a happy family where we celebrated birthdays, and graduations, and anniversaries. I wanted to watch my kids take their first steps, say their first words, watch the joy in their eyes when the tooth fairy comes every time they lose a tooth. I wanted my kids to jump on our bed on christmas morning to wake us up so they could open their presents, I wanted to watch then blow the candles out on their birthday cakes, I wanted to watch them fall in love with someone. But now, I know it will never happen." 

Tears poured down my face and my breathing was unstable. Giancarlo just pulled me closer and whispered soothing words in my ear to calm me down. He didn't have anything to say after that, but I knew he was sad. He's not the speechless type but at this very moment he was. 

"I want to kill him." I sobbed into his chest, gripping his shirt in frustration. "I want to kill him so bad, Giancarlo."

"I know you do, and that day will come. I promise you that. But right now you need some rest." He whispered back to me, rubbing small circles on my back. 

A/N: I am so, so, so, so, sorry for the wait. Life has been really busy with school and applying to uni and colleges. I'm going to try to post at least once a week from now on and get this story going again. Thank you for your patience. Love you guys lots <33