Left Behind (Part 1)

I wandered down the halls back to my cell block, when I walked in everybody was crowded around the TV watching some soap opera. My arrival caused them to glance towards me then back to the TV in disinterest, except for those gleaming green eyes. I locked eyes with her and a smile spread across my face as she scooted over on the small couch and patted the seat next to her. I tried to hurry past the TV to get to Franky but apparently I must've covered up the good part because Boomer swatted her hand at me, groaning. "You made me miss the kiss!" She yelled, I rolled my eyes at her and held back a laugh.

Franky had a small smile on her face as she laughed quietly at Boomer, as I sat down beside her she leaned closer to me. "How'd your meeting go?" She whispered, trying to be courteous of the others watching the show. I looked over to her and shrugged, "Same old, same old.. I feel like my sessions are useless. I still have so long until I can even apply for parole." I whispered back, Franky shrugged. "Two years will be over before you know it and the sessions look good on your application. Stick with it, it'll be worth it." She whispered back, sending a quick wink my way. I rolled my eyes at her playful optimism and snuggled into her side. When I glanced back at the TV the credits were rolling, I felt someone's eyes on me so I looked over to where the others were seated.

Boomer was leaned back in one of the chairs, staring us down. Her arms crossed tightly across her chest, "Because of you TWO, I barely heard the ending over your whispering!" She complained.

Doreen stood up from her chair, her arms wrapped tightly around her sleeping baby. "Oh Boomer, your so dramatic!" She said, rolling her eyes. "We'll make sure to be louder next time" Franky replied sarcastically before shaking her head at her friend. Boomer huffed and walked over to stand in front of her door, I walked over to mine as well, standing in front of it, waiting for count. Franky stood beside me until Mr. Jackson appeared in front of us, then she scooted down to her door. "Jenkins, Smith, Doyle, Anderson, Brooks and Birdsworth... okay goodnight ladies." He said before locking the gate and leaving us for the night.

I glanced over to Franky, "Are you coming to my place or yours?" I asked playfully, a mischievous smile appearing on my lips. She lent out her hand and I put my hand in hers as she yanked me towards her. "Mine." She replied, I giggled at her and followed her inside her cell. I shut the door behind me but not before I could hear Boomer say, "You two are gross.." I heard Liz laugh and say "Oh stop now, let them be happy.."

I couldn't help the small smile that played at my lips. I can already imagine Boomer rolling her eyes at Liz,  I know Boomer never truly means the things she says. She just has a hard time expressing herself and I think she gets jealous sometimes now that I'm in the picture and Franky isn't all hers anymore. Which I get, sometimes it's hard adjusting.. I hadn't realized that I had let my thoughts get the best of me until Franky snapped me out of them. "What?" She asked, I glanced up at her and joined her on the bed. "What do you mean what?" I asked, now confused on if I was just rambling out loud and not in my head.

"You were smiling..." She said, wrapping her left arm around my waist as I snuggled into her side. I looked up at her and shrugged, "Nothing.. I'm just happy." I said, I could see her lips turn up slightly and she shook her head, leaning down to press a kiss against my lips. I returned the kiss, leaning further into her, enjoying the feeling of her soft skin against mine. When she pulled away, she gave me a soft smile before closing her sleepy eyes. "Goodnight" She whispered.

~Next Morning~

I slipped out of Franky's cell early in the morning, letting her sleep in since she never does. I walked to the shower block, a small smile still gracing my soft features as I thought about her sleepy state. The way her dark hair fanned over her face as she slept, the way her chest rises and falls in even waves and especially the way that as soon I slip away from her, even in her sleep, her face turns down in a frown upset that i've left her side.