The New Tutor Part 2

I awoke to my alarm blaring beside me, I opened my eyes slightly and reached over turning my alarm off. I felt someone stir next to me and I could only assume it was Mark, which was weird because I didn't hear him come to bed last night. I heard him get up and wander into the bathroom, the shower turning on. I sighed sitting up in bed and walking down stairs, I turned on the coffee pot and waited patiently for it to brew. Once it was finished I quickly made myself a cup before going back upstairs to get ready for work.

When I entered the bedroom Mark was already dressed in his work attire, getting ready to leave. "Morning.." He said, planting a kiss on my lips. I barely returned the kiss, suddenly it felt odd to kiss him, almost like I was cheating on somebody else when in reality it would be the other way around. "When did you get home last night?" I asked, going into the bathroom to get ready for the day. He shrugged, "Pretty late.. 11 or so."

"Why were you out so late? I mean you start at 7 in the morning.. don't you think that's a pretty grueling amount of time to be working." I responded, trying not to sound too suspicious. "Somebody's got to pay the bills around here." He said, annoyed with my questions.

"Right" I responded sarcastically, annoyed with his smart ass remark. "Can we not do this, this morning? I gotta go.." He said impatiently. I shrugged, "Whatever, I'll see you later." I said, not bothering to kiss him goodbye. I glanced down at my hand where my ring normally would be and it wasn't there. I must've left it at the office.. I hid my hand out of sight until Mark had left the room. I heard the front door slam and I rolled my eyes at his pettiness, maybe this marriage wasn't such a good idea after all.
(Her Outfit)

I finished my make up and hair quickly, once I was dressed I rushed out of the house, locking the door behind me

I finished my make up and hair quickly, once I was dressed I rushed out of the house, locking the door behind me. I showed up to work with 10 minutes to 7am, I walked in and got through security going straight to my office. I set my belongings down and walked to Erica's office for the meeting. It was a quick meeting this morning and I hung around after to talk to Erica. "Ready for your first real day?" She asked, I gave her a smile. "Yes, I think it'll be just fine.."

"Uh oh, what's wrong?" Erica asked, a suspicious look coming to her face. I sighed crossing my arms against my chest, "Mark and I are... well fighting? But not. There's almost no communication. I'm just kind of over it, I think I'm going to break off the engagement." I said, letting out a huff of air. Erica took a deep breath, her eyebrows raised in surprise. "Wow, I wasn't expecting that. Are you okay?" she asked.

"I-I'm fine, surprisingly. Just kind of accepting that maybe this isn't meant to be. Yenno? Anyways, I'm just going to bury myself in my work and stay busy. I'll be alright." I said trying to assure Erica, that I wouldn't let this get in the way of my work. "Okay well if you need anything, let me know!"

I nodded and flashed her a smile before walking out, I walked back to my office. I had a few things I needed to accomplish today and most of those things revolved around Franky. I needed to get more aquatinted with her, get to know her more so that we can talk about what she wants to do with her parole. Then we can get into schools, jobs and all that good stuff. I glanced at the time and I had about an hour before her first appointment, I cleaned up a bit and collected some brochures. I got some information together for different schools that might interest her and plenty of other things as well. As I was shuffling through my drawers, I found my ring. I pulled it out, placing it on my desk. I stared at it a second, suddenly finding myself annoyed thinking about Mark.