chapter one

chapter i : looking for cherry pie

( september, 1991 )

It was September 2nd, 1991 where our story begins. The two main characters of this story are Lydia  Ramona Wilde and James Fleamont Potter. She's a muggle but maybe more and he is a well known pureblood wizard. They lead different lives entirely Lydia  had a sad childhood, James had a happy one, Lydia  grew up the muggle way and James the wizard way. Lydia went to university and lives an exciting life, has never had a steady boyfriend and lives with her best friend. While James went to Hogwarts, married young and had a child and a good life, became a widow and a single parent and hasn't had a exciting life in a really longtime. Well at least until the day September 2nd, 1991.

It all started with a missing cat. A cat named Cherry Pie, Lydia's  cat to be specific. Her cat is what you'd call an outdoor one. Always outside but would show up at the end of the day on her porch but Cherry Pie wasn't on her porch that night or that morning. She was missing and Lydia was freaking the fuck out. Her roommate and best friend Millie was gone so she was left to find her poor cat all alone.

"Why the fuck do I always have bad luck? Why did I buy a cat when I can't even pay my cable bill!" Lydia quietly rambled to herself walking on the sidewalk of her neighborhood. She probably looked insane in a pink robe and slippers with her hair in a messy ponytail. She always only wears pajamas on the weekends, missing cat be damned. She stopped walking for about the tenth time to search for her cat.

"Cherry Pie!!!" she hollered looking at the bushes in the front of the house she was at, she had gone around the neighborhood and decided that maybe her cat was closer to her house so standing with her back to her next-door neighbors home , she kept hollering for her cat, eyes wandering around the neighborhood.

"Who's Cherry Pie?" A man's voice asked behind her. She turned around to see a man that towered over her in height and had unbelievably messy raven black hair. He had glasses perched on his nose and behind them were warm hazel eyes. He looked confused but amused by her behaviors.

"Cherry Pie is my cat. She's missing and I'm just looking for her around the neighborhood. I probably look crazy right now, walking outside in the afternoon shouting in my pajamas. I promise, I'm somewhat normal" she joked with an awkward smile his way.

"Oh..well do you need any help?" the man asked with a friendly but unsure smile. He looked kind enough and she needed help desperately so she nodded and they walked side by side, shouting her cat's name around the neighborhood. Unfortunately her cat was still missing by the end of their search but at least they tried.

"I'm sorry if I made you look like a lunatic shouting with a crazy haired woman in pajamas and slippers. I'm a mess" the hazel eyed man laughed with a smile and shook his head.

"I actually quite like your hair, even though it looks crazy and you look wonderful in these pajamas. Are those rubber duckies?" Lydia looked horrified while the hazel eyed man laughed heartily at her expense.

"What's your name? I've never seen you before?" Lydia asked the man rising a eyebrow jokingly in curiosity.

"I'm James Potter. I live next door to you" the man now called James gestured towards the house that she had been standing in front when he approached her earlier and also happened to be the house next door to hers.

"I'm Lydia  Wilde, and I guess I'm your neighbor too. I'm surprised, I have never seen you and I've lived here for almost three years" Bellamy was confused to say the least.

"Oh, well I moved here recently and I don't go out much. I'm sorry we didn't find-" James stopped as an orange tabby cat walked lazily towards Lydia seemly out of nowhere.

"You are so sneaky! Where have you been Cherry Pie, I've been looking for you all day" the brunette  lifted the cat off of the ground into her arms as she reprimanded it.

"Well, it looks like we found your cat. He's cute, my son has always wanted a cat" James said with a smile.

"So you have a kid too? He must be invisible till now just like you? Your are an ever so mysterious one" the woman mused with a teasing smile.

"We both don't go out much" James answered. Though unbeknownst to her, the reason she had never met James Potter was because he didn't want to be seen.

"Well, we need to change that! I have been told I make the best cookies ever made so I will bring you some tomorrow. I can tell we're going to be great friends James. I'll see you tomorrow" Lydia didn't wait for James to answer. She knew he was going to protest so she needed to leave before he could. Everybody needs friends even invisible neighbors who don't go out much.

So the day ended with an unlikely friendship starting to form and a cat returned safely home.

iza's author note!

hello people! i present to you chapter one of muggle. i hope you like it. next chapter will be in james's pov and we will learn more about my number #1 marauder and his impression of lydia. we'll also see their cookie date. their friendship is forming and hopefully a relationship eventually but we'll have to wait awhile for that. also their first meeting is partly inspired by angus, thongs and perfect snogging which aaron was in. in the movie georgia and his character robbie go looking for georgia's eccentric cat and they bond over it so i thought, why not make my oc meet james through them bonding searching for her eccentric tabby cat cherry pie.