chapter ten

chapter x: late night talking late november, 1991

late november, 1991

James Potter totally likes Lydia Wilde.

And not in friend way.

It started  on a Friday night in late November.

*****

It was almost midnight when James Potter heard a
knock on his door. He threw on his robe and ran down the stairs. Who would be outside his house at this hour?

He opened the door and it's Lydia on the other side.

She seems kind of it out but she's smiling at him.

She looks beautiful. All dark clothes and platform shoes and sparkly smudged eye shadow and untamable brown curly hair.

"Hey" Lydia says. She kinda just stands there and he just looks back at her.

"What are you doing here?" he blurts out.

"Oh! I was out with friends and then I took a taxi and when they asked where to go I gave them the wrong house number and they dropped me off in front of your house instead" Lydia explained.

"Do you want me to walk you to your house?" James asks in concern. Lydia shakes her head. Stumbles.

"Can I come inside?" Lydia requests and James nods his head and holds the door open for her to enter his house.

He's exhausted and has to wake up again in about 6 hours but it's Lydia. He just can't say no.

"I'll get you some water" James exclaims running to the kitchen while Lydia plops down on his couch.

He briskly walks into his living room and Lydia is sat down looking through a random book on his coffee table. He always kept some reading material there for Remus when he came over.

"Here" he hands Lydia her water and sighs.

"I wish you had been there with us. When I went out with my friends. It was so fun. It would have been even better if you had been there" Lydia says with a smile.

"Why?" James asks.

"Because you make things better. My life has become better because of you. I know we've only know each other for 3 months but I think that it was like fated that we met" Lydia admits.

James frowns. He feels that too but also like it's too good to be true. What if it was magic that brought them together? He hoped not, magic never did him very well in the romance department.