chapter eight

(gif wouldn't load)

chapter viii: choices
(ft. pandora lovegood kind of?)
(november 1st, 1991)

It's November 1st.

Lydia Wilde and James Potter are fast asleep.

Sirius and Remus are walking to the bakery to surprise them with breakfast.

The morning goes great, really great.

Except it doesn't.

Pandora Lovegood is having a dream many miles away in her quirky house in the middle of no where.

It's a bad one and it will come to happen if fate deems it so.

People can change fate though, this dream could come to pass. It's all about choices.

****

Regulus was fated to meet Lydia Wilde. She was purposely put in his path. He remembers Pandora saying one day he would meet someone of the name Lydia Wilde. He did meet this girl. She became something to him. She became important. He had known he shouldn't have befriended a muggle, let alone two counting Millie. But he did.

Oh, how Walburga was probably rolling in her grave.

Anyway, he befriended them.

One became like a sister to him and the other he fell in love with.

They were both loves of his life.

Not his first but the most important ones.

Lydia platonically and Millie romantically.

He would remind himself that he was meant to meet her, there must be a reason. He was just waiting and waiting and finally he knew whatever the fuck it was that was supposed to happen would soon.

For one reason.

James Potter.

There was no way it was a coincidence. It had to be his James Potter.

He knew he had to be part of it.

He very well could never escape him, could he?

***

Regulus decided to just ignore the girl, if he didn't see her maybe nothing would happen. He didn't particularly know what was going happen but he doesn't want it to. He just hoped that she wouldn't become too close to James Potter and god forbid Lydia meets Sirius. He just knows them together would be insufferable.

He knows deep down though that she will meet them and she probably will come to love them both because how could you not, he would know because he had. He still does love Sirius. He has no clue about how he feels about James.

He was generally indifferent at this point. He knew he would probably always love James in some way. Just not like he had a long time ago. Not as deep and not romantically. He had moved on.

He had found Millie Rowell. She was everything. She was fun, a ray of sunshine, a shot of espresso and was not perfect but perfect for him.