chapter two

chapter ii: cookie date

( september, 1991 )

James Potter didn't quite know what to think of Lydia Wilde. She seemed a bit messy and chaotic but not in a bad way. She seemed endearing as well with her crazy hair, duckie pajamas and a wild tabby cat. Sirius would definitely like her James thought. Also James guessed they were friends now? At least that's what Lydia  said and ran away before he could protest. It seemed tomorrow, James would get the best cookies ever made and the wild woman's  company.

Thoughts of how he would act tomorrow went through his head. His house was glamoured to look uninhabited most of the time so he wouldn't get bothered so why would he be prepared to talk to a neighbor! What does he say? What the fuck does he do? He hasn't had to make friends since Hogwarts and has had only Sirius and Remus enter his house for the most part. And what if she brings up something he doesn't understand? Some muggle joke he won't get or have no clue what something is that a muggle would know about?

James decided to put these thoughts out of his head. He'd worry tomorrow.

----------

James woke up to his landline ringing throughout his home. (Sirius insisted he get one even though James explained he only needed owls. It took him a week to learn how to properly use it). His house was unusually quiet but why wouldn't it be when Harry was away at Hogwarts and his friends were off on holiday. They were probably doing something or other to get their mind off their kid going off to Hogwarts and wouldn't be back for a few months. At these kinds of moments he wished Lily was with him so he wouldn't be alone. He shook that though away. Today would be a good day, he could dwell on bad days later.

He slowly got out of bed and threw a robe over his pajamas, it was a quite cold autumn day and James forgot to put a heating charm on his house every once in awhile. The phone was still loudly ringing off the hook and he went to answer it. The wild raven haired man knew it was Sirius, he was the only person annoying enough to call James before 10am.

"Hellooooo!" Sirius greeted, it faintly sounded like he was shuffling around doing something and James could faintly hear Queen playing off a record player. Typical Sirius.

"Padfoot, why are you calling me at 6:30 in the morning?"James sighed leaning on the table the landline was sitting on.

"Oh..well it's only 10pm in Los Angeles, sorry mate! We just came back from seeing the Hollywood sign. It was really anti-climatic. Not like in all those American muggle movies Moony makes me watch. The ocean is nice though. We tried something called surfing I think. Moony was bloody fucking horrible at it!" James could hear Remus saying "fuck you, Siri!" in the background.