chapter six

chapter vi: flashbacks

(the middle of september to the present time)

As you know one of the main characters of this love story is James Potter. We haven't seen much of him in the last few chapters.. Let's start with some moments over the last few months that have solidified James and Lydia's friendship. We know the basics they met, they got to know each other a bit and now they're good friends. Here's more, let's start on September 20th of 1991.

***

THE POTTER RESIDENCE
SOMEWHERE IN LONDON, ENGLAND
SEPTEMBER 20th, 1991

"We could watch a movie?" Lydia suggested.

"No" James replied

"Walk?"

"No"

"You pick what we do then!" Lydia said exasperated.

Lydia and James had been bickering like this for the last five minutes because of course they are. James suggested they do something because they were bored which is valid but he doesn't have to be so fucking pushy but honestly Lydia Wilde is the queen of being pushy so she can't say much.

"Why don't we sit and talk" James suggested. He plops  down on the couch which they'd been standing in front the whole time they were snapping at each other. He the proceeded to pat the spot next to him like she was a dog. Fucking asshole.

"Lame but fine" Lydia sat more gracefully next to him and then there was silence because they don't know what to talk about. James opens his mouth and she hopes he doesn't say something stupid because she's realized just from knowing James a week, he really just says whatever comes to his mind.   Lydia is not like that. Like at all.

"What's your favorite color?" James asks.

"Green" Lydia replies. That makes James laugh. Lydia does not know why.

"I used to hate the color green. Like detest it" James explained.

"Damn so is that like gonna problem with you?" Lydia joked.

"Oh, that you like green? Well, I don't hate it anymore , it's more just indifference now" James explained dramatically.

"You're an idiot" Lydia stated with an eye roll.

"I know" James answers with a smile.

"I don't mind that your one though" Lydia admitted.